The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v4.937 does not install on clean P3D v2.4 Academic

I just installed P3D v2.4 Academic. However when I proceed to install FSUIPC 4.937, I'm greeted with the following error:

"Your Prepar3D v2 installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed will not run FSUIPC4. You may need to repair the installation to rectify this first.   No changes have been made by this program."

I've attached the FSUIPC 4 install log (if that helps.)

EDIT:

Doing a repair install of P3D did not solve the issue. :/

Regards,

Joshua Robertson

3D Softworks Design Studios

http://www.3dsoftworks.net

I just installed P3D v2.4 Academic. However when I proceed to install FSUIPC 4.937, I'm greeted with the following error:

"Your Prepar3D v2 installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed will not run FSUIPC4. You may need to repair the installation to rectify this first.   No changes have been made by this program."

I've attached the FSUIPC 4 install log (if that helps.)

There's been no change to this part of Installation. In fact the only change in the Installer is to allow the increasing Build numbers without warnings. Many folks have installed for P3D with no problems, clean or otherwise -- everyone's system starts off "clean". Are you sure you ran P3D before attempting to install FSUIPC? Have no not installed any prior version of P3D before this?

I would certainly like to see the Install Log please, which you omitted. Best to simply paste its contents into a message here -- just use the <> button above the Edt area to encapsulate it.

Pete

There's been no change to this part of Installation. In fact the only change in the Installer is to allow the increasing Build numbers without warnings. Many folks have installed for P3D with no problems, clean or otherwise -- everyone's system starts off "clean". Are you sure you ran P3D before attempting to install FSUIPC? Have no not installed any prior version of P3D before this?

I would certainly like to see the Install Log please, which you omitted. Best to simply paste its contents into a message here -- just use the <> button above the Edt area to encapsulate it.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Yes, I ran P3D before installing FSUIPC4. (should I not have?) I did NOT install any prior versions before this one. OS is a fresh install from a completely wiped hard drive and am still in the process of putting stuff back where it belongs on this OS installation - P3D and FSUIPC among them - when I ran into this problem.  As for the install log, i thought I attached it... regardless, here it is:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.937

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\FSX
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for ESP install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND Prepar3D v2!  <<< ...
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v2:
SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\"
Checking version of the Prepar3D v2 EXE:
... Version 2.4.11570.0  (Need at least 1.0.677.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
... Failed to find a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

Yes, I ran P3D before installing FSUIPC4. (should I not have?)

You must run it first, otherwise things the Installer needs aren't available.

As for the install log, i thought I attached it... regardless, here it is:

No, sorry.

Okay, thanks. Is there nothing further after that last line? Did you abort when the error message box appeared?

I'll investigate tomorrow. Too late for today. Looks like no one else ever had an installation without any WinSXS SimConnect versions at all. Presumably the new P3D doesn't need such?

If you want to move on just run a SimConnect installer, either the ESP one (for which I believe someone posted a pointer, or it may be available in the P3D SDK), or the SP2 one from FSX. I suspect you might need to do this in any case for some add-ons being ported from FSX.

Pete

Okay, thanks. Is there nothing further after that last line? Did you abort when the error message box appeared?

I'll investigate tomorrow. Too late for today.

Pete

No, there's nothing after that last line -- i used the "Save as..." menu option from the installer to create the log file. When I click OK to the message box error window, it self-aborts.

No, there's nothing after that last line -- i used the "Save as..." menu option from the installer to create the log file. When I click OK to the message box error window, it self-aborts.

Okay. It probably does log that you did this and writes a final line, but maybe has nowhere to save it if it hasn't yet created the Modules folder.

Pete

I manually created the Modules folder and re-ran the FSUIPC installer...   after doing so, this is the log file I found in that folder:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.937

Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\FSX
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for ESP install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND Prepar3D v2!  <<< ...

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v2:
SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\"
Checking version of the Prepar3D v2 EXE:
... Version 2.4.11570.0  (Need at least 1.0.677.0)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

I manually created the Modules folder and re-ran the FSUIPC installer...   after doing so, this is the log file I found in that folder:

Okay. Thanks. Yes, it did terminate tidily, as i thought.

I might get back to this tonight before bedtime, but it's dinner time now. If it is an easy fix I'll post a 4.937a install package soon. Without making a mess of my existing systems it isn't easy to test here, but I'll see what I can do with a bit of judicious renaming! ;-)

Pete

OKAY. Please download the Install FSUIPC4937 package again from Download Links. I've made the Installer bypass the SimConnect check for P3DV2 (only).

Before your report I hadn't realised P3Dv2 installed without any separate SimConnect DLLs at all. I knew it was capable of supporting SimConnect without those in the WinSXS system, and has been so since version 1.4, but the older P3D installers did actually install the ESP version of the DLL in the WinSxS folder.

Odd that we've reached the 5th version of P3Dv2 and you are the first to discover the problem. Thanks for reporting it and sorry for the delay.

Regards

Pete

Odd that we've reached the 5th version of P3Dv2 and you are the first to discover the problem. Thanks for reporting it and sorry for the delay.

LOL Pete. That's most likely because everyone else starts out by installing their oldest simulators first before installing P3D so the issue went un-detected for so long.  I was beginning to think that L M changed what was installed with P3D 2.4 with regard to SimConnect.

As always, thanks for your great support. All is working great now! :)

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Ibought a new PC and installe P3D v2.4.11570.0 and started it. Then I start the installer of FSUIPC 2.938 and get this log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.938

Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\FSX
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for FSX-SE install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\FSX-SE
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
... NOT found! Asking user to find the .EXE instead ...
User identified path:
   "C:\Flusi\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe"

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D:
Checking version of the Prepar3D EXE:
... Version 2.4.11570.0  (Need at least 1.0.677.0)