The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse scroll / frequency settings...?

If you are using the mouse it is far easier simply to do it on screen with the mouse point and buttons.

Writing a program to do ir with a single mouse wheel would first involve selecting which radio then part of which frequency you want to increment or decrement. Once you know all those things it's simply sending the appropriate control. But doing all that with a single mouse wheel is very compicated. Not sure how you'd do it without buttons etc too.

If you are using a mouse, why not use it in the way MS intended, on the radio stack on screen?

Pete

Yes, but I think about a such solution where you can use 2 mouses for example... The first is the base for the screen, the second is just being rotary for the COM1, etc....So, I could to skip a newer arduino.

You managed the FSUIPC with an option in which  the elevator trimmers able to work as mouse-wheel controlled.  Is it impossible with the freq-changer?

Szab

Edited by Czakó Szabolcs Sándor

You managed the FSUIPC with an option in which  the elevator trimmers able to work as mouse-wheel controlled.  Is it impossible with the freq-changer?

You can program almost anything if you really wish to. It isn't easy, and the first job would be to work out how you distinguish between two mice -- mostly Windows treats them all the same, just like multiple keyboards. You'd need to delve into DirectInput and HID device interfaces to distinguish between them, but how you stop Windows and FS treating them the same is a bigger problem, needing some sort of low level privileged driver interception I should think.

Pete

Szab,

In the User Contributions subforum there is a set of Lua scripts called NpC (Numpad Control) that let you set radio frequiences, headings, courses, autopilot settings, etc by entering digits directly with the keyboard numberpad. NpC works for a/c that use the default FSX Offsets for such parameters. Perhaps NpC might meet your needs, at least temporarily until you get your mouse system working.

Al

Szab,

In the User Contributions subforum there is a set of Lua scripts called NpC (Numpad Control) that let you set radio frequiences, headings, courses, autopilot settings, etc by entering digits directly with the keyboard numberpad. NpC works for a/c that use the default FSX Offsets for such parameters. Perhaps NpC might meet your needs, at least temporarily until you get your mouse system working.

Al

Sorry, There is 'no way' cause I am a cockpit-builder. The NumPad isn't too reality-mode, therefore searching for alternate solutions instead of arduino's method. The point is this: the rotary (as I wish here: mouse - wheel) can make an illusion that reached by its scroll-effect.

Anyway, Thank you Sir!

Edited by Czakó Szabolcs Sándor

Sorry, There is 'no way' cause I am a cockpit-builder. The NumPad isn't too reality-mode, therefore searching for alternate solutions instead of arduino's method. The point is this: the rotary (as I wish here: mouse - wheel) can make an illusion that reached by its scroll-effect.

Can't you make the rotary look like a pair of buttons instead, like most all rotaries -- i.e. they pulse one button turned one way and another turned the other. Then it's just a matter of assignments to INC/DEC controls.

I use Leo Bodnar boards which allow this, along with analogue inputs and lots of plain buttons. I think they are cheaper than Arduino too.

Regards

Pete