The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Start Switches

Hi Pete,

Been racking my brain for the past 2 days, and wondering if you can assist.

Fsinterogate (3-Scan) shows x0892 0 1 0 & x3B00 for engine start when default King Air Engine starts.

However, when I program a switch for x0892 Value =1 when on, and Value = 0 when off If I hold the switch until Combustion and release the switch, the engine shuts off even after fuel is induced.

x3B00 Does no function whatsoever.

doing the same with the mouse on the default KA350 Panel the engine keeps running. 

Engine #2 x092A behaves in the same manor. 

Any thoughts?

Trev

Something is missing, then. Have you turned the fuel on?

All FSUIPC does with the offset is send the same control to FS as you would effecitvely be doing wiith mouse or keyboard.  It has no idea what it is for or what it does. Try using logging to see what you have different in the two cases.

The "General Engine" starter at 3B00 is not exactly the same. In fact I've no real idea what it does in comparison to 0892. 

Pete

Something is missing, then. Have you turned the fuel on?

All FSUIPC does with the offset is send the same control to FS as you would effecitvely be doing wiith mouse or keyboard.  It has no idea what it is for or what it does. Try using logging to see what you have different in the two cases.

The "General Engine" starter at 3B00 is not exactly the same. In fact I've no real idea what it does in comparison to 0892. 

Pete

Thanks Pete, I forgot to mention FSUIPC 4.936 and FSX

Yes, when the starter is introduced and N2 Rotation to 5% Induce the fuel (Mixture pot) Engine starts and will run for as long as I hold the starter.  Once I release the starter the engine Dies.

I have yet to install the FSX Service Packs which I will do tonight, but was just crious if I had missed something else.

I will run the logger tonight and report back.

Edited by Cockpitbuilders

Thanks Pete, I forgot to mention FSUIPC 4.936 and FSX

Yes, when the starter is introduced and N2 Rotation to 5% Induce the fuel (Mixture pot) Engine starts and will run for as long as I hold the starter.  Once I release the starter the engine Dies.

I have yet to install the FSX Service Packs which I will do tonight, but was just crious if I had missed something else.

I will run the logger tonight and report back.

One thought.  I'm not terribly familiar with these aircraft, but with an ordinary prop the Starter position is #4 and when you release it it returns to one or other of the Magneto positions. If it returns to Off then the engines lose ignition and will cut. With jets the ignition is a separate switch but normally on. How does the King Air work in this respect?

Pete

The King air according to FSInterogate acts as a Jet, Its turbine so as ITT Rises and N2 Rotation you inject the fuel same as you woudl the 737.  For giggles, I may try the "Mo Gas Switch and see if that makes a difference"  I had a business dinner that came up unexpectedly last evening, so I will try again tonight.

Thanks for all your help Pete, I appreciate the effort.

TomR Mentioned to me Yesterday that it could be that I don;t have the message as a Short Integer, I gather from him the length is only 2, If I was sending the message incorrectly could it be possible that it only works half way?  or if the message was not being sent correctly Nothing would happen?

I am using a different interface and in the code for that interface I am using - Host.SendValue("0892",1) and Host.SendValue("0892",0)  Probably means nothing to you, but in any case, I will see if I can play some more.  This Cockpit stuff hasn't beaten me in 16 Years, It won't start Now.

Trev

TomR Mentioned to me Yesterday that it could be that I don;t have the message as a Short Integer, I gather from him the length is only 2, If I was sending the message incorrectly could it be possible that it only works half way?  or if the message was not being sent correctly Nothing would happen?

Ah, ouch! If you are sending an ordinary 32 bit value to 0892 you are also writing to 0894. Writing 0 to 0894 (the combustion flag) turns combustion off!  So yes, you must only write two bytes, or a short. The lengths defined in the list always need to be respected.

Pete

Than thats the Ticket.  I will put my tail between my legs and walk away in Shame.

Thanks for the help, I guarantee that is my issue.  Going to send the message as Host.Sendbyte instead with a length of 2.

Sorry to have dragged you into this so needlessly, sometimes we are all the creator of our own problems.

Have a great day!