The simFlight Network Forums

mouse macros

Good morning, I made mouse macros for PMDG 737 NGX. The only one I cannot create is "FUEL CUTOFF / IDLE LEVERS". Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong ? I have FSUIPC4 version 4.91  Thank you in advance. 

Two things:

1. Normally the start/cutoff action is simply operated by the FS controls "Mixture Rich" and "Mixture Lean". Why use mouse macros?

2. Version 4.91 of FSUIPC is very old and unsupported. Current is 4.937.

Pete

Dear Sir,  When I choose mixture rich or lean the ' ELEVATOR TRIM ' is moving .but I'm talking about  "FUEL CUTOFF / IDLE LEVERS" . I don't know the name in the list, that's why I make a mouse macro. Thank you very much for your quick response and regards from the Netherlands. 

Dear Sir,  When I choose mixture rich or lean the ' ELEVATOR TRIM ' is moving .but I'm talking about  "FUEL CUTOFF / IDLE LEVERS" . I don't know the name in the list, that's why I make a mouse macro. 

The MIXTURE LEAN and MIXTURE RICH controls are the only controls for operating the cutoff/idle levers. They most certainly do NOT operate any trims unless you have a very corrupt FS installation!  The FS keyboard short cut is Ctrl+Shift+F1 for cutoff and Ctrl+Shift+F4 for idle. On props they move the mixture lever to full lean or full rich. On jets they operate the fuel valve levers.

There are separate controls also for each engine -- Mixture1 lean/rich, Mixture2 lean/rich and so on.

I suspect you are making mistakes in your assignments.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Dowson, thank you for your solutions. It's working fine now. I have two more switches I cannot find in the list. Assign/IRS switches L and R on the overhead panel. 

Can you also help me with that ??  I tried to make them with a mouse macro but It (TAB) does not work. Thank you in advance.

Mr. Dowson, thank you for your solutions. It's working fine now. I have two more switches I cannot find in the list. Assign/IRS switches L and R on the overhead panel. 

Can you also help me with that ??  I tried to make them with a mouse macro but It (TAB) does not work. Thank you in advance.

I suspect those, if simulated, will be custom controls as listed in the 737NGX SDK. Did you look? 

I'm really not sure why you are trying to use Mouse macros when PMDG kindly supplied custom control numbers for almost everything.

Pete