The simFlight Network Forums

Four Questions FSUIPC

Hi,

First Question: I Created Macros but want to delete some of them {not the assigned keys for the macro but the macro itself] --> how can this be done

Second Question: If I need to assign to one Macro three Buttons example for the landing lights [Left, Right and Center] how to proceed.

Third Question: How to backup Macros in case of deletion of the module or uninstall of FSUIPC to restore them back

Fourth Question: If I assign macros to a specific profile, can i transfer it to a new plane if it supports them

thank you

I Created Macros but want to delete some of them {not the assigned keys for the macro but the macro itself] --> how can this be done

Just delete the macro file from the Modules folder. The keys assigned to them will then not work.

Second Question: If I need to assign to one Macro three Buttons example for the landing lights [Left, Right and Center] how to proceed.

You want three different buttons all to do the same thing? That makes no sense to me -- a waste of buttons -- but there's nothing stopping you assigning as many buttons or keys to the same action, whether it be macro, control or keypress.

Third Question: How to backup Macros in case of deletion of the module or uninstall of FSUIPC to restore them back

Just back up the files in the FS Modules folder. They are all there. You should always backup your INI, KEY, MCRO and LUA files. They contain the entire settings for FSUIPC. Oh, plus the "Profiles" folder if you have opted for seaprate Profile files.

Fourth Question: If I assign macros to a specific profile, can i transfer it to a new plane if it supports them

One Profile can be used for any number of aircraft. Or you can simply assign to the macros. They don't disappear from the list just because you've used them once! The dropdown assignments list will contain all your Macros and Lua plug-ins no matter what you've used them for before -- provided those files are still in the Modules folder.

Pete

Just delete the macro file from the Modules folder. The keys assigned to them will then not work.

Hi Peter , no this is not my point. I have created around 20 Macros but they are all Store in in File. what I need to do is to delete lets say 2 or 3 Macros  and rename 2 others, I dont want to lose the whole macros? isn't there a way to do so from the FSUIPC interface or via the log file? cause i need to keep all the other assignments and macros that I need. and the problem is that they are under the same macro name [PMDG777]

You want three different buttons all to do the same thing? That makes no sense to me -- a waste of buttons -- but there's nothing stopping you assigning as many buttons or keys to the same action, whether it be macro, control or keypress.

NO, Not Three Different buttons to do the same thing, what I need is 1 Button to do three different things. in PMDG 777 the Landing Lights have three Buttons
I need to press 1 button and assign the left center and right to the same button and not assign each button a macro or keyboard press.

Just back up the files in the FS Modules folder. They are all there. You should always backup your INI, KEY, MCRO and LUA files. They contain the entire settings for FSUIPC. Oh, plus the "Profiles" folder if you have opted for seaprate Profile files.

ok

One Profile can be used for any number of aircraft. Or you can simply assign to the macros. They don't disappear from the list just because you've used them once! The dropdown assignments list will contain all your Macros and Lua plug-ins no matter what you've used them for before -- provided those files are still in the Modules folder.

thank you

Awaiting your reply

Pete

Edited by Remys

Hi Peter , no this is not my point. I have created around 20 Macros but they are all Store in in File. what I need to do is to delete lets say 2 or 3 Macros  and rename 2 others, I dont want to lose the whole macros? isn't there a way to do so from the FSUIPC interface or via the log file? cause i need to keep all the other assignments and macros that I need. and the problem is that they are under the same macro name [PMDG777]

Just edit the macro file. It is in plain text! you can edit it as you like!

NO, Not Three Different buttons to do the same thing, what I need is 1 Button to do three different things. in PMDG 777 the Landing Lights have three Buttons
I need to press 1 button and assign the left center and right to the same button and not assign each button a macro or keyboard press.

To make one button do different things you need a way to tell FSUIPC wehich of the things you want it to do, because otherwise what is it supposed to do? Guess?

If you mean you want one button to do three things at the same time you will need to edit the INI file and add lines for the extra actions. Each button can have almost any number of actions assigned, just not in the Options Dialogue. Please see the FSUIPC advanced users documentation.

To make one button do different things you need a way to tell FSUIPC wehich of the things you want it to do, because otherwise what is it supposed to do? Guess?

If you mean you want one button to do three things at the same time you will need to edit the INI file and add lines for the extra actions. Each button can have almost any number of actions assigned, just not in the Options Dialogue. Please see the FSUIPC advanced users documentation.

Hi peter, could you tell me please which section I should read and execute in order to assign to a button three events in the FSUIPC advanced users Documentation, cause I'm not finding it. [or the title in the appendix so I can do it] thank you

Hi peter, could you tell me please which section I should read and execute in order to assign to a button three events in the FSUIPC advanced users Documentation, cause I'm not finding it. [or the title in the appendix so I can do it] thank you

It's the Chapter called "Button Programming". There's a section on "Sequences, combinations and mixtures". The format for controls is given, and the control numbers are listed in the document List of FSX Cpntrp;ds/

Pete