The simFlight Network Forums

Missing Lua files

I have just been reading this thread "luas-that-dont-appear-in-fsuipc" and I seem to have the same problem I think he is trying to describe.

I have 10 Lua files listed in my Modules folder but when I go to the button assignment screen, press a button, and try to allocate a control from the list only 7 of the 10 Luas show up in the drop down menu.

The latest ones I created do not show in the list.  Even re-booting FSX does not show them.

All 10 are listed in Windows explorer as Lua files,  What I don't know is if the new ones work of not because I cannot assign them to a button. 

Is it possible FSUIPC ignores them if there is something wrong with coding (quite possible for me!) or can it not see them for some other reason?

I am using v4.937 dated 8-10-14.

I have just been reading this thread "luas-that-dont-appear-in-fsuipc" and I seem to have the same problem I think he is trying to describe.

I have 10 Lua files listed in my Modules folder but when I go to the button assignment screen, press a button, and try to allocate a control from the list only 7 of the 10 Luas show up in the drop down menu.

The latest ones I created do not show in the list.  Even re-booting FSX does not show them.

All 10 are listed in Windows explorer as Lua files,  What I don't know is if the new ones work of not because I cannot assign them to a button. 

Is it possible FSUIPC ignores them if there is something wrong with coding (quite possible for me!) or can it not see them for some other reason?

I am using v4.937 dated 8-10-14.

check the LuaFiles section in the FSUIPC INI file. if there are more than 127 there you will nee to delete some in the list, ones you no longer use.

also be aware that there's a maximum length on the name -- 12 or 15 characters i think.

Pete

There are only 7 files listed there, the same7 that I see in the drop down list (pretty obviously I suppose).  One of the visible ones is called "Fuel cut off open" which is more than 15 characters (17 in fact).  The invisible ones were more than this so I have changed then to less than17 and they now show up. 

Thanks for pointing out something obvious Pete, amazing how the daftest things can catch us out sometimes..  What's that phrase about not seeing the wood for the trees?

I wonder if this was the problem the other poster had?