3=Fri 164148
4=Fri 165147
5=Fri 170147
6=Fri 171146
7=Fri 172146
8=Fri 173145
9=Fri 160149
10=Fri 161149

But for some reason FSUIPC fails to manage the Majestic panel states. Everythink is still there like:

AutoSave Fri 155150..FLT

AutoSave Fri 155150..mj1

AutoSave Fri 155150..mj2

Note: I have absolutely no idea why he adds another "." before/to the file extension

regards Patrick

• 2 months later...

You mean like so?

AlsoManage4="C:\Users\Patrick Meissner\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\*..mj1"

AlsoManage5="C:\Users\Patrick Meissner\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\*..mj2"

AlsoManage6="C:\Users\Patrick Meissner\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\*..pnl"

I will report back (hopefully tomorrow)

Edited by PatrickM

You mean like so?

AlsoManage4="C:\Users\Patrick Meissner\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\*..mj1"

AlsoManage5="C:\Users\Patrick Meissner\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\*..mj2"

AlsoManage6="C:\Users\Patrick Meissner\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\*..pnl"

I will report back (hopefully tomorrow)

Yes, that looks better.

Pete

Still doesn't work, Pete :(

Well something doesn't match then. Double, triple check that you have the whole path exactly correct.

If it finds the files it deletes the old ones same as it does for the usual files, in rotation. It'd doing the same for them all, same exact code. There's really nothing to go wrong EXCEPT a mismatch (or inability to access that folder of course, but that seems unlikely if these were saved there).

Pete

Pete, I copy and paste the address directly from the address bar.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit in german language but changed it to english with the Vistalizator tool, can these cause problem?

I honestly don't know. No idea what "Vistalizator" does either.

All FSUIPC does is forms the full filename, replacing the * part with the same string it uses for its own files, and asks Windows to delete the old ones. Maybe my code bypasses "Vistalizator" and you need to use the actual German filepath?

Otherwise, tell you what, I'll try to simulate it here. Send me a batch of those files, ZIPPED to petedowson@btconnect.com, and I'll try to place them in a similarly named place -- won't be C:|Users but I'll create a folder on another drrive with exactly the same pathname else. It that then works here it's definitely something going on in your system specifically.

Not sure when I'll be able to do it, but within days not weeks! ;-)

BTW, I assume you ARE using the very latest version of FSUIPC, aren't you? If not test with that first. I don't want to waste time if it's some old bug. You should be on 4.938b.

Pete

I used 4.938a and updated now to "b".

Vistalizator is a tool to change the system language because it's not possible to do this in Windows 7 Home Premium.

Could it be the case that Prepar3D with admin rights could cause this problems?

I continue with testing..

EDIT: Do we have to start the numbering with "0" or "1"?

Next EDIT: Posted it also on the Majestic forum. Maybe they lock the files so that FSUIPC is not able to delete it?

Could it be the case that Prepar3D with admin rights could cause this problems?

No. That's only a problem if you have FSUIPC client applications  running running wityhout admin rights -- everything needs to be at the same level of privilege.

EDIT: Do we have to start the numbering with "0" or "1"?

1, as illustrated in the documentation.

Pete

No. That's only a problem if you have FSUIPC client applications  running running wityhout admin rights -- everything needs to be at the same level of privilege.

I installed FSUIPC with admin rights, but that doesn't mean that it runs everytime with admin rights, right?

I installed FSUIPC with admin rights, but that doesn't mean that it runs everytime with admin rights, right?

No, that just makes sure it can access folders which might otherwise be protected. It's mainly a precaution for those who installed FS into the Program Files folders, when you need Admin rights to write to -- once the installer has access and creates the Modules folder, it turns the need for Admin rights off for that specific folder only.

FSUIPC is part of FS once installed, so its rights are the same as FS's.

Pete

Hmm, in that case I have no idea why it doesn't work. It works with all other addons but not with the Majestic Dash8. I posted that in the Majestic forum too, maybe their software blocks the files...?!

I would think that unlikely. Are they marked read only? Check in Properties.

Pete

Otherwise, tell you what, I'll try to simulate it here. Send me a batch of those files, ZIPPED to petedowson@btconnect.com, and I'll try to place them in a similarly named place -- won't be C:|Users but I'll create a folder on another drrive with exactly the same pathname else. It that then works here it's definitely something going on in your system specifically.

Not sure when I'll be able to do it, but within days not weeks! ;-)

Which files do you need?

Read only is unchecked..

Thanks for the files, now received. I've not got time to do a simulation today, but one thing has now occurred to me.

Originally you had the path incorrect because of the double .. in the filename. Before we recognised this as a problem, It was suggested that you enclose the whole path in "", because of the spaces it contains.

I now think that advice was wrong, and in fact the "" are not needed and in fact stop the AlsoManage working. So, could you please try it WITHOUT the ""?

If this is it, I will change the program for the next release to allow "" to be there or not, so there's no confusion over this. At present some parameters need them some don't.

Incidentally, there was also a file called "AutoSave Tue 001104..FLT" in the package you sent. Where did that come from? Prepar3D does not save FLT files, only fxml files. And this FLT file has that double dot .. error too. So I assume it must also be produced by your Majestic add-on? If so, shouldn't you manage those files too?

Pete

I now think that advice was wrong, and in fact the "" are not needed and in fact stop the AlsoManage working. So, could you please try it WITHOUT the ""?

Will do that!

Incidentally, there was also a file called "AutoSave Tue 001104..FLT" in the package you sent. Where did that come from? Prepar3D does not save FLT files, only fxml files. And this FLT file has that double dot .. error too. So I assume it must also be produced by your Majestic add-on? If so, shouldn't you manage those files too?

The .FLT seems to come from the Majestic Dash

It works!!!  :) It's the "" !
Hurray!

Okay, good. I'll be changing the code to accept with or without "", to prevent future confusion!

The .FLT seems to come from the Majestic Dash

I guessed that from the double dots! So, you'll need another AlsoManage line for those files.

Pete