The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with AirbusX Thr1/2.lua script.

Ok, at my wits end trying to get the  AirbusX_Thr1.lua and  AirbusX_Thr2.lua files to work . I have done as Pete instructed here in this post, http://forum.simflight.com/topic/65756-airbusx-and-pfc-serial-throttle-quad/#entry415349. However the problem I am having is (I think) with this part mentioned in the post:

Note that running a plug-in in this way gives no chance for normal calibration. The computation above: 4096 - (9 * input / 4) is designed to provide the apparently needed range of +40960 (idle) to -32768 (max). This passes through the assorted FADEC modes en route. However, that of course depends on the input value range being -16384 to +16383, which is only likely with a USB-connected digital device. My own PFC throttles only gave a range of -13030 to + 13545 in FSUIPC (allowing for a small dead zone either end -- never forget that), so I had to adjust the formula appropriately.

I have a JetMax Throttle console instead of the PFC throttles. As such my ranges are way off for some reason. It is a USB connection directly into the computer as well. My ranges for throttle 1 (as seen in FSUIPC) is -11115 to 1952 and for throttle 2 it is -4240 to 8224. When I select the AirbusX Thr1 and 2 files, select Send to FS as normal axis, I see the throttles moving. However on throttle one I can only go from 36% N1 to 56% N1 and for throttle 2 it is only moving from 56% N1 to 83% N1. They do not go to idle or to max thrust. I have the number 2 selected in the Airbus configurator from Aerosoft as well. I see the math formula that Pete posted but unfortunately I was never good at that kind of math and cannot figure out how to adjust the lua script to fit my hardware if in fact that is the issue? Any help would be appreciated. 

Ok, at my wits end trying to get the  AirbusX_Thr1.lua and  AirbusX_Thr2.lua files to work . I have done as Pete instructed here in this post, http://forum.simflight.com/topic/65756-airbusx-and-pfc-serial-throttle-quad/#entry415349. However the problem I am having is (I think) with this part mentioned in the post:

Note that running a plug-in in this way gives no chance for normal calibration. The computation above: 4096 - (9 * input / 4) is designed to provide the apparently needed range of +40960 (idle) to -32768 (max). This passes through the assorted FADEC modes en route. However, that of course depends on the input value range being -16384 to +16383, which is only likely with a USB-connected digital device. My own PFC throttles only gave a range of -13030 to + 13545 in FSUIPC (allowing for a small dead zone either end -- never forget that), so I had to adjust the formula appropriately.

I have a JetMax Throttle console instead of the PFC throttles. As such my ranges are way off for some reason. It is a USB connection directly into the computer as well. My ranges for throttle 1 (as seen in FSUIPC) is -11115 to 1952 and for throttle 2 it is -4240 to 8224. When I select the AirbusX Thr1 and 2 files, select Send to FS as normal axis, I see the throttles moving. However on throttle one I can only go from 36% N1 to 56% N1 and for throttle 2 it is only moving from 56% N1 to 83% N1. They do not go to idle or to max thrust. I have the number 2 selected in the Airbus configurator from Aerosoft as well. I see the math formula that Pete posted but unfortunately I was never good at that kind of math and cannot figure out how to adjust the lua script to fit my hardware if in fact that is the issue? Any help would be appreciated. 

Sorry, but all that was over four years ago. I really am not able to spend so much time -- just to understand that earlier post will take me quite a while, and even then I couldn't guarantee anything useful. Why not try what I see it suggests:

"an alternative to computing the formula is to fill in you minimum and maximum values in this more complex version of the Lua plug-in:".

Pete