The simFlight Network Forums

POV View Resetting to Straight Ahead

After over a year with any problems, my joystick HAT POV set up has gone crazy. The view has all of a sudden started resetting itself to the straight ahead (eye point reset) view on releasing the hat switch.  I have tried reassigning the Pan Left/Right/Up/Down to the Hat buttons with repeat in FSUIPC 4.937, but as soon as I release it springs back to view ahead. All FSX assignments have been deleted.

Can anyone suggest what has gone wrong?

After over a year with any problems, my joystick HAT POV set up has gone crazy. The view has all of a sudden started resetting itself to the straight ahead (eye point reset) view on releasing the hat switch.  I have tried reassigning the Pan Left/Right/Up/Down to the Hat buttons with repeat in FSUIPC 4.937, but as soon as I release it springs back to view ahead. All FSX assignments have been deleted.

Can anyone suggest what has gone wrong?

Normally you assign a view hat to Pan View in the axis assignments, and leave it at that. If you are assigning to all the views separately, then, yes, it is normal and useful for the return to centre also to return the view to default straight ahead. That's the way I have it. If you want to pan instead you assign it as an axis, not a set of view buttons. But then you have to find the straight ahead view again yourself.

Pete

Hi,

You might check your camera.cfg file (or your aircraft specifig camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg file). There are two parameters per camera controlling this behaviour:

snappbhreturn

panpbhreturn

Details for these parameters can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526984.aspx#CameraConfigurationFileFormat

You should check, which camera view you are using and if this parameter is set to False.

Rgds

Reinhard

• 1 year later...

Not knowing whether you still follow the issue of assigning views to buttons in FSUIPC, I have a similar problem with this issue. I'm using the latest version of FSUIPC ...for my Thursmaster Hotas Warthog. I was able to allocate Pan View to both the joystick and the throttle. I realized this option via Axles assignment. However, as alread earlier mentioned. I am not able to find a suitable function to reset my look to forward. Pete, would you have any suggestion for me of how to solve this issue? Actually I'm helping me out with the key combination strg-space which shows the desired effect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2016 at 9:29 PM, Quax1 said:

I realized this option via Axles assignment. However, as alread earlier mentioned. I am not able to find a suitable function to reset my look to forward. Pete, would you have any suggestion for me of how to solve this issue?

Hat controls revert to "forward" on release. I'm not sure what you'd do with a joystick or throttle assigned to pan view. After all, the input from a hat is 0-360 (or mutliples). That of normal axes is -16384 to +16383. I've no idea how FS would interpret Pan View with such weird numbers. However, you need that control with a parameter of 0 (=0 degrees) for a forward view.

Pete

• 2 months later...
On ‎17‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 1:09 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Hat controls revert to "forward" on release. I'm not sure what you'd do with a joystick or throttle assigned to pan view. After all, the input from a hat is 0-360 (or mutliples). That of normal axes is -16384 to +16383. I've no idea how FS would interpret Pan View with such weird numbers. However, you need that control with a parameter of 0 (=0 degrees) for a forward view.

Pete

Dear Pete,

many thanks for your kind reply. I use the hat for looking around and found the appropriate solution by allocating "eyepoint Forward" on another button. However, I think your solution is much more sophisticated and I'll try to implement this now. Thanks again.

Wishing you a healthy and successful new year from Munich sending

Kind regards

Achim