The simFlight Network Forums

I need some offsets for JS41.

Dear Pet.

Once again, I am renewing my cabin for a new aircraft.

I have everything set up, but I have several offset's that I find and not be as simulate them.

1 Warning reset alarm push
2 Caution alarm push reset
3 Bat Assist - Ground power select.
4. Reset generator
5 bus Tie
6 Emergency lights (arm, on)
7. Inverters.
8 fuel LP
9 IEC
10 TTL
11 Wingshield
12 ESS Shed.

I hope that you can help me.

I have one last question for a new idea that I have between hands.

Is there any offset that can be used with a push up a point the direction of the HSI and another to lower it?

Today, my query is very complete.

As always, I appreciate all that you do for us.

Kind regards

Antonio

Once again, I am renewing my cabin for a new aircraft.

Sorry, I do not have the JS41 and in any case I cannot possibly investigate every add-on aircraft which is published just to see if there are controls provided, keyboard short cuts, mouse macro possibilities or local panel variables (L:Vars) which can do all these things. If the JS41 documentation doesn't help and there are no existing solutions in the User Contributions subforum or in the JS41 support forum, I can only suggest you investigate all these avenues for controls yourself. But bear in mind that quite often the gauge writers for these aircraft do not expect or consider people wishing to use things other than the mouse.

[LATER]

I searched User Contributions myself and found two threads providing data from the JS41. Why don't you take a look?

Please confirm thath the last SDK version is February 10th 2012.

SDK for what, exactly?

Pete

BTW, you do realise, don't you, that if any of the actions you wish to control are actually using the normal FS control system, you can find out what it is (so you can assign to it) by using FSUIPC logging. Just enable the Event logging. When you operate the control with the mouse, check the log to see what it reported, if anything. If you (temporarily) run FS in Windowed mode, you can also enable FSUIPC's console log and see the results on screen in real time.

While I'm hereagain, let me try to clarify something. Please disillusion yourself of the apparent thought that there are FSUIPC "offsets" for everything any aircraft add-on can throw at your system. FSUIPC is an interface to FS and knows nothing at all about any add-on. If the system you are interested in is simulated internally by FS then there will probably be an offset relating to ts value (but not necessarily its control). Add-ons are pot luck, they do their own thing, and pretty much 0% of them have any interface to FSUIPC or use any of its offsets.

Pete

BTW, you do realise, don't you, that if any of the actions you wish to control are actually using the normal FS control system, you can find out what it is (so you can assign to it) by using FSUIPC logging. Just enable the Event logging. When you operate the control with the mouse, check the log to see what it reported, if anything. If you (temporarily) run FS in Windowed mode, you can also enable FSUIPC's console log and see the results on screen in real time.

While I'm hereagain, let me try to clarify something. Please disillusion yourself of the apparent thought that there are FSUIPC "offsets" for everything any aircraft add-on can throw at your system. FSUIPC is an interface to FS and knows nothing at all about any add-on. If the system you are interested in is simulated internally by FS then there will probably be an offset relating to ts value (but not necessarily its control). Add-ons are pot luck, they do their own thing, and pretty much 0% of them have any interface to FSUIPC or use any of its offsets.

Pete

Many thanks, Pete.

I have always thought that there was a list of Offset's the detail of all the elements of the aircraft.

The truth, with simple aircraft, I've never had a problem, but the PMDG JS41 is me is complicating a bit.

I have seen that the Caution and the Warning are in each cabin simulation to 737 and A320 and thought that these elements were standard and had an assigned offset.

My question for the SDK was to have the list of Offset's most recent and check if you watched any of the drives mentioned in my previous email. Nothing more.

I've never used the logging or the console, I hope that it is not complicated.

As always, Pet, thank you for all your work and attention.

Kind regards

Antonio

My question for the SDK was to have the list of Offset's most recent and check if you watched any of the drives mentioned in my previous email. Nothing more.

The latest list of offsets (which hardly ever changes in any case) is always installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder when you update FSUIPC.

I don't understand the reference to "drives"?

I've never used the logging or the console, I hope that it is not complicated.

The Logging tab in FSUIPC options is not "complicated"! You can select tabs in a dialogue and click on buttons, can't you? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to use any Windows programs really. The log produced may contain some things you won't understand so easily, but the logging of FSX events, or controls, is straight-forward, giving both the number and name of the control invoked. The full list of built-in FSX controls is also provided in your FSUIPC Documents folder, by name and by number.

Did you look at the User Contributions subforum threads about the JS41 and what others have done?

Pete