The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC command to turn Map view off

A question for Pete. My brother in law and I do full size simulators as a hobby [not paid!!]. The latest one that we are doing is the Navy Sea Harrier FRS2. This was the Harrier Simulator that lived in Yeovilton and we have just about finished it, without using any of the Military spec systems that came with it. Our problem is this. We have a switch that activates the Map view which works just fine. The only problem is how to send the "OK" command by a switch so that the window can be closed without using a mouse in the cockpit? I figure that this will have to be another work around, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Charlie.

This is our Comet project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuOpFjxmP4c

A question for Pete. My brother in law and I do full size simulators as a hobby [not paid!!]. The latest one that we are doing is the Navy Sea Harrier FRS2. This was the Harrier Simulator that lived in Yeovilton and we have just about finished it, without using any of the Military spec systems that came with it. Our problem is this. We have a switch that activates the Map view which works just fine. The only problem is how to send the "OK" command by a switch so that the window can be closed without using a mouse in the cockpit? I figure that this will have to be another work around, but any advice would be appreciated.

How are you activating the Map view?

you can get keypresses sent to FS even when it is in a dialogue (i.e. when the simulation isn't actually running) by using a Lua plug-in to send the keys. this wors because the plug-ins run autonomously, is separate threads. As examples, of this at work, please see the examples installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder -- the ones called Fuel737 and Payload737.

Pete