The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC assignments for FS2Crew PMDG777

Hello Pete,

I would like to use FSUIPC to control the opening of the "Main Panel" (autofeather arm / off) and to create the "Main Button" assignment using "Alternate Static Source (on / off)" and "Secondary Button" assignment using "Propeller Sync (on / off). For this, you need to include these 3 "events" in the list of FSUIPC "CONTROL BUTTON WHEN SENT pushed" option. I hope it is possible to permit to keep deactivated the FS-Control Settings for all my assignments.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Pimentel

I would like to use FSUIPC to control the opening of the "Main Panel" (autofeather arm / off) and to create the "Main Button" assignment using "Alternate Static Source (on / off)" and "Secondary Button" assignment using "Propeller Sync (on / off). For this, you need to include these 3 "events" in the list of FSUIPC "CONTROL BUTTON WHEN SENT pushed" option. I hope it is possible to permit to keep deactivated the FS-Control Settings for all my assignments.

The events listed in the FSUIPC dropdowns encompass all of those known to FS and detailed in its "Controls.DLL" module -- that's where it gets them from! I've really no idea what you mean by the events you mentioned -- where on Earth do you get them from and why do you think they are true FS events?

Maybe the events you require are already there but you are not finding them? Do a search in the List of FSX controls" document installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Pete

Thanks Pete for your reply. All these 3 events ("Alternate Static Source - on/off", "Autofeather - arm/off" and "Propeller Sync - on/off") are present in my FS Settings-Controls Menu. These events could be created (?) when I installed the brand new FS2Crew PMDG 777, because they are used as mentioned in FSCrew777 Manual, to assign the Main Panel Button, Main and Secondary Buttons. I can send to you that Manual pdf if you prefer.

These events don't exists in the list of "FSX Controls" document in my FSUIPC Documents folder.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my statment. English it's not my mother language.

It would be nice if you can create this new events for those that only use FSUIPC events.

Thanks,

Carlos

Thanks Pete for your reply. All these 3 events ("Alternate Static Source - on/off", "Autofeather - arm/off" and "Propeller Sync - on/off") are present in my FS Settings-Controls Menu. These events could be created (?) when I installed the brand new FS2Crew PMDG 777, because they are used as mentioned in FSCrew777 Manual, to assign the Main Panel Button, Main and Secondary Buttons. I can send to you that Manual pdf if you prefer.

These events don't exists in the list of "FSX Controls" document in my FSUIPC Documents folder

If they are FS controls, as you say, they most certainly ARE listed in the FSUIPC assignments drop down. You are simply not finding them!

FSUIPC uses the names of the controls as defined in FSX's own "CONTROLS.DLL" and which FSX itself uses when recording your assignments in its XML files. The "names" of the controls in FSX assignments are not really their names, but translated descriptions, and vary according to language version. The actual names do not vary.

If you can't find them by looking through the list, try searching for some of the key words. Or just enable Event logging in FSUIPC, operate the controls by key or mouse, and look in the Log to see their real names.

FSUIPC's control list is actually a superset of those shown in FSX's assignments. It has all of those plus a lot more which aren't even supported by FSX's dialogues.

Pete

[LATER]

I did a simple search for "Static" and immediately found "TOGGLE ALTERNATE STATIC". Similarly searching for "feather" finds "TOGGLE AUTOFEATHER ARM", and "Sync" finds "TOGGLE PROPELLER SYNC".

I get the feeling you didn't really look very hard! :-(