The simFlight Network Forums

FSX with FSUIPC problem, Panview and Can not see Any Axis Assignment

HI Pete, 

I thought I never post here but here I am.

I have Saitek Proflight Yoke 

I'm using Windows 8 for awhile and got LINDA & FSUIPC ... from time to time Linda disconnected and the joystick wont work. /I know it's Windows 8 problem.

Last couple week I got another Saitek Pro Flight Yoke ( So now I got 2) connect to via FSUIPC everything work fine. 

Until I install Captain Sim 767,

And now my FSUIPC can't detect axis at all, and my Pan view always pan up in all the view. (Yea Automaticlly pan up) What should I do?

THX

if not I gonna install back to Windows 7 and start over

• 2 weeks later...

I have Saitek Proflight Yoke 

I'm using Windows 8 for awhile and got LINDA & FSUIPC ... from time to time Linda disconnected and the joystick wont work. /I know it's Windows 8 problem.

Last couple week I got another Saitek Pro Flight Yoke ( So now I got 2) connect to via FSUIPC everything work fine. 

Until I install Captain Sim 767,

And now my FSUIPC can't detect axis at all, and my Pan view always pan up in all the view. (Yea Automaticlly pan up) What should I do?

Two points:

First, these problems seem only to happen with Saitek stuff. You need to check their drivers -- go to Saitek support, see what they might have said about them.

Second, there is no way installing an aircraft add-on can interfere with FSUIPC's axis detection unless it is capable of doing something to the Windows system itself and/or Saiterk's drivers, because FSUIPCX detects axes for assignment directly through Windows facilities, not via FS or any add-ons.

Maybe you are confusing the detection of FS controls (in the Calibration tab) with true axis detection which only occurs in the Axes tab?

Pete