The simFlight Network Forums

Calibration Anomaly with Saitek Pro Yoke

Good evening Pete,

I have just had to re-load Windows 7, and thus ALL my FSX Program, add-on aircraft and add-on scenery. Don't feel sorry for me - it was all my fault! :oops:

However (there had to be a 'however'!) on flying the FSX Beech Baron I thought the pitch response was mighty sensitive, one might say fierce. I tried altering the response slope via the FSUIPC calibration page and it did not seem to make much difference.

I then 'flew' the Carenado Beech Baron BE58, and lo and behold I had the same problem.

On accessing the pitch calibration page I noticed an anomaly. When moving the yoke forwards the response varied according to the slope set, and reached the maximum set number of about 16,400 at full yoke movement. However, when pulling the yoke backwards the response was far more rapid, and reached the similar maximum set number of about 16,400 after only one third of the yoke movement from neutral to maximum. This reflected exactly what the pitch response was when 'flying' the simulated aircraft.

I suspect this means there is a problem with the sensors inside my Saitek Pro yoke, but I would be grateful if you could give your opinion. If indeed this is the problem, do you know if there some way I could fix it by opening up the yoke black box and cleaning contacts/pitch pots or whtever may be causing the problem?  :(

Hi,

Pete is on Holiday and returns on 25th I think.

I suspect this means there is a problem with the sensors inside my Saitek Pro yoke, but I would be grateful if you could give your opinion.
If indeed this is the problem, do you know if there some way I could fix it by opening up the yoke black box and cleaning contacts/pitch pots or whtever may be causing the problem?  :(

Did you calibrate the controller, first of all, in Windows GameController? You can open this Windows tool as well from FSX, Controller -> Calibration.

FSUIPC gets the Controller axis position like FSX from Windows API, so the basic important calibration has to be done first there.

If you did this already and you have the described problem, then your controller is not ok.

Thanks for the good advice! :mrgreen:  I had indeed forgotten to ensure calibration was necessary. I also remembered to delete all axis assignments under basic Settings -> Controls to prevent possible interference with FSUIPC.

Am now up and running with good controls.