The simFlight Network Forums

Fixing problems with 50% (or digital on/off) action with Saitek levers

Pete Dowson

It appears that many users have problems with Saitek Quadrant drivers setting up the Registry incorrectly for one or more of the levers, with the result that either only 50% of the range use used or the values you get are only on (max value, 16383) or off (min value 0 or -16384).

Here is the way to edit the Registry and fix this, at least until Saitek fixes their installers.

(Thanks to a main forum reply by "goaround"):

====================================

Here is our registry calibration guide:

One way to re-calibrate your device is to reset the raw data values that are held in Windows registry.

To do this:

1. Remove the USB plug for your controller from the PC.
2. Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the letter R. This will open the Run box.
3. Type regedit and then click ok.

For Windows Vista/7/8/8.1

4. The Registry Editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order by clicking the + next to the folder name.

+ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+ System
+ CurrentControlSet
+ Control
+ Media Properties
+ Private Properties
+ Joystick
+ OEM

5. Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3 or VID_0738, if you know the specific PID number or your device then you only need to delete the string that matches the VID and PID.

6. Then navigate to the DirectInput folder

+ HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+ SYSTEM
+ CurrentControlSet
+ Control
+ Media Properties
+ Private Properties
+ DirectInput

7. Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3 or VID_0738, if you know the specific PID number or your device then you only need to delete the string that matches the VID and PID.

8. Once deleted, close the editor, then plug the USB back into the original port. Move all the axes of the controller through their full range of movement four times. This will rebuild the data range for all axes.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for all the time that you spend on our problems. And I hope you enjoyed your last break away from it all.

Will the above work for other controllers? I am using a PFC throttle quadrant and everything works fine except for the A2A PA28 mixture control. It only moves in the in to half way out range.

Regards

Roger

Will the above work for other controllers? I am using a PFC throttle quadrant and everything works fine except for the A2A PA28 mixture control. It only moves in the in to half way out range.

See the bit above which says:

VID_06A3 or VID_0738, if you know the specific PID number or your device then you only need to delete the string that matches the VID and PID.

If you want to know the VID and PID of a USB device, try running my free HidScanner program, downloadable in one of the subforums here.

Pete

• 1 month later...

Pete,

I seem to have a similar issue on the Saitek X52 throttle. Would you be able to tell what I need to delete so I can get my throttle to work? Currently both my disc install version as well as FSX:SE are having the same issue. I move the controller to full throttle then the throttles in the aircraft bounce from full to about 1/4 throttle and then will bounce back. Thus leaving me with a start stop type of flying or will not really move; move the controller to full throttle and the in aircraft throttle will go all the way back to idle and stay there. I have tried this with several different aircraft and get one of these responses to the throttles.

Thanks

Jack

• 1 month later...

Pete, After installing the paid FSUIPC it has resolved ALL issues with my controllers and MS 8.1. May I ask a question, I think I have  messed up on my joystick with PMDG and FSUIPC. After reading to DEL from FSX modules folder and FSUIPC4.INN file, ok that is great but I am not able to find the INN file. Just the operator and not the program. Here is the issue; The only way I am able to use throttles is send it to FSX and not FSUIPC. Any help would be great, remember that this is the operator and not the program Thank You. 

Randy

May I ask a question, I think I have  messed up on my joystick with PMDG and FSUIPC. After reading to DEL from FSX modules folder and FSUIPC4.INN file, ok that is great but I am not able to find the INN file.

Sorry, I don't understand "reading to DEL", and there's no INN file associated with FSUIPC. The configuration settings file is an INI file.

Please post new questions to the main support forum, to add to a different thread in a subforum. Thanks.

Pete

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Pete,

I'm completely new to both simming (P3D V4 as it happens) and therefore FSUIPC also. I have a three lever Saitek Pro Quadrant and the metal Saitek rudder pedals I am trying to slowly work my way through your tutorial. Forgive my ignorance but you mention above that this fix is for various operating systems. I have windows 10, does this apply to me too?

3 hours ago, Aidan le Gras said:

Hi Pete,

I'm completely new to both simming (P3D V4 as it happens) and therefore FSUIPC also. I have a three lever Saitek Pro Quadrant and the metal Saitek rudder pedals I am trying to slowly work my way through your tutorial. Forgive my ignorance but you mention above that this fix is for various operating systems. I have windows 10, does this apply to me too?

Yes,

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Dear Mr Dowson,

I have a Sitek throttle/mixture/pitch calibration issue like this. Im on Windows 10, and not a computer whizz.  could you spell out hte Windows 10 Regedit "dance routine" equivalent to the one  you have outlined for Win 7. I've tried to apply your fix, but hte Device manager menu is different.

So Im grounded.

Ive had a long series of exchanges with Saitek (Logi) help desk, and they are very unhelpful, no sense they will do a fix.

10 hours ago, JohnCT-4 said:

I've tried to apply your fix, but hte Device manager menu is different.

The Win10 Device Manager is almost the same as it has always been since Win XP days.  But the notes above are for the Registry Editor (REGEDIT), so maybe you are loading the wrong program?

In the Registry editor just use Find (in the Edit menu) to find entries for Saitek, using VID_06A3 and also VID_0738.

Pete