The simFlight Network Forums

Is it still possible to have the free version of FSUIPC on two sims?

I have 2 FS9 installations, the stock one and the Golden Wings by Bill Lyons.  I use FSUIPC 3.999z9.  I also use FSWXLite(freeware) for my weather.  In years past I was able to install FSUIPC in both so they can both have weather.  Is it still possible to do this?

I think the old technique was to install it in one, and then run a program linked to here that reset the FS9.exe location pointer in the registry.  When I do this now though FSUIPC will only work on the stock FS9 and not the Golden Wings.  FSUIPC will only install on FS9.exe not FSGW.exe.  I have tried it both ways first with no joy.

Is it still possible, or is it possible for me to get an older version that does allow it?

I am considering ordering the full version but it would help me make up my mind if I could use it on both my installations.

Thank You For Your Time

Jeffery Sitz

I have 2 FS9 installations, the stock one and the Golden Wings by Bill Lyons.  I use FSUIPC 3.999z9.  I also use FSWXLite(freeware) for my weather.  In years past I was able to install FSUIPC in both so they can both have weather.  Is it still possible to do this?

You can install FSUIPC on any number of machines and any number of places on any one machine. And there is no difference between "free" and "payware" versions, they are the same. Purchasing just opens up the user facilities. And you can still install on as many computers as you like -- providing they are yours and you, the purchaser, is the user.

I think the old technique was to install it in one, and then run a program linked to here that reset the FS9.exe location pointer in the registry.  When I do this now though FSUIPC will only work on the stock FS9 and not the Golden Wings.  FSUIPC will only install on FS9.exe not FSGW.exe.  I have tried it both ways first with no joy.

I've never heard of such a technique, and it isn't needed. Just copy your FS Modules folder from one to the other. There's nothing else to an FS9 installation of FSUIPC, it's all in the Modules folder!

Pete

Maybe, it is Bill Lyans.  I am not sure he is active anymore, his website at simouthouse is shut down.  If is still alive and kicking he is under another name now.

He was selling his FSX stuff under the name Golden Eagle Squadron (I think) but I can't find a site for them either.

Thanks for your time.  Is the newest one for P3D going to stay in force for some time?  I miss having a full version, but don't want to buy right before you upgrade.

Jeffery Sitz

PS, and yes I really do have 4 versions of FS on my computer.  If you want to fly all the planes, you have to FS9,FSX and Prepar3d.  Golden Wings is a modification of FS9 with landclass, scenery and planes to match the 1930s.

Thanks for your time.  Is the newest one for P3D going to stay in force for some time?  I miss having a full version, but don't want to buy right before you upgrade.

Updates are never charged for. You buy FSUIPC3 for FS9 or FSUIPC4 for FSX and P3D, ONCE only, even though both have gone through hundreds of updates!

If P3D ever gets re-written as a 64-bit application then FSUIPC4 most definitely will not work with it. I may or may not try to do a 64-bit version of FSUIPC, but if I do it would be FSUIPC5 and need purchasing separately -- as will, of course, just about every other add-on.

Pete