The simFlight Network Forums

Help with flap/gear axis

HI,

I have been flying the A2A P-47 and I am struggling to get the flaps and gear axis right.

The control for both is a 3 way selector so; up, neutral and down. Is there any way to programme this using FSUIPC?

I must say I am not the best at this stuff but wat to give it a go.

Thanks

Dan

The control for both is a 3 way selector so; up, neutral and down. Is there any way to programme this using FSUIPC?

These 3 way selector switches, are they seen as one, two or three buttons (in Windows, in FS, in FSUIPC)?

For Gear you'd simply assign the up button to GEAR UP and the down to GEAR DOWN.

For Flaps, if your aircraft has more flap positions than just up and down it is a little more complicated. Your switch really needs to be sprung to centre. Then you'd program up to FLAPS DECR and down to FLAPS INCR. Otherwise, if the switch latches, you'd need to always be sure to bring it back to centre manually after eacvh change.

Pete

Thank you for your very quick reply, I am trying to assign both to an axis, not a switch, but they are both 3 way selector levers

You can select either Up, Neutral or Down which allows you to increment flaps by putting it into neutral and the gear is put into Neutral when down/up and locked.

Not sure if I am explaining this well enough?

Thanks again,

Dan 

Thank you for your very quick reply, I am trying to assign both to an axis, not a switch, but they are both 3 way selector levers

Ah, you mean the switches on the panel, on screen, are three position.

Can you control those switches by keyboard or standard FS control? If so then you can assign those actions to regions on your axes just as shown for default FS gear, in the example in the FSUIPC User Guide. See page 44 in the current edition.

If they are only controllable by mouse clicks then it may not be possible. Possibly they may respond to Mouse Macro treatment, or else operate using Local panel variables (L:Vars). But check if the easier option is available first.

Pete

I think I may have cracked it, I found out how to run a log to get the LVars control? I am using that with a parameter set to different ranges of movement, hoefully that should be OK now.

Okay, good. There are two ways of logging L:Vars -- the built-in FSUIPC added assignable control, which gives a static one-off list each time it is invoked, and an example Lua plug-in, which logs the values live, as they change.

Pete