The simFlight Network Forums

how assign a rotary knob function to key

Hello i am using the Aerosoft Airbus Xtended 1.15 with the latest registered FSUIPC 4.938a.

I would appreciate any help to assign the Autopilot Altitude rotary knob function to 2 separate keyboard keys (1 to increase set altitude and one to decrease the set altitude)

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I would appreciate any help to assign the Autopilot Altitude rotary knob function to 2 separate keyboard keys (1 to increase set altitude and one to decrease the set altitude)

How do you do it on the aircraft panel? Only with mouse, or are there key presses? Does the add-on have its own autopilot values, separate to those in FS generally? If not, just use the standard FS controls to Increment and decrement those things.

Also, check the User Contributions subforum here to see if anyone else has submitted answers for the add-on aircraft.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have the same question but I’m using the Carenado TBM-850 and Pilatus PC-12. All other functions I’ve created profiles for; elevator, aileron, throttle and flap settings that work very well. I just don’t seem to understand how to assign the altitude knob, course and heading using the wheel on the mouse. Any help is much appreciated. My yoke is the logistic 3D pro, FSX sp2.

Best regards,

Rob

I have the same question but I’m using the Carenado TBM-850 and Pilatus PC-12. All other functions I’ve created profiles for; elevator, aileron, throttle and flap settings that work very well. I just don’t seem to understand how to assign the altitude knob, course and heading using the wheel on the mouse. Any help is much appreciated. My yoke is the logistic 3D pro, FSX sp2.

FSUIPC doesn't support use of the mousewheel for anything but Mouse Look related functions. FSUIPC supports joystick buttons and axes.

Pete

• 1 month later...

FSUIPC doesn't support use of the mousewheel for anything but Mouse Look related functions. FSUIPC supports joystick buttons and axes.

Pete

Yes true.

So how do i assign a joystick button to increase the AP altitude of the Airbus Xtended and another joystick button to decrease it?

So how do i assign a joystick button to increase the AP altitude of the Airbus Xtended and another joystick button to decrease it?

If that aircraft has a standard FS autopilot, assign to the appropriate FS control, of course. If it is non-standard you'd need to find an alternative method.  Does it provide keyboard shortcuts for instance? What about Mouse Macros or L:Vars?

Have you looked in the User Contributions subforum to see if others have solved it?

Pete

• 2 years later...

Dear Sir,

first we thank you for all the guidance on the forum.

I am unable to configure my knob (which i have connected via a Leo bodnar) to decrease the altimeter setting. I can only set it upwards. I am unable To find the reverse action.

pls assist.

god bless

zain

23 hours ago, Zain said:

I am unable to configure my knob (which i have connected via a Leo bodnar) to decrease the altimeter setting. I can only set it upwards. I am unable To find the reverse action.

Is this a rotary giving digital pulse outputs, configured as such on the Leo Bodnar connections?

Are you assigning buttons or analogue (axis) data? And to which controls?

A digital rotary encoder properly decoded will give pulses on one button number going on and off when turned one way, and a different button number when turned the other.

But some rotaries just pulse the same lines, but in a different phase depending which way they are turned. It is much harder to properly decode those as you just see the same buttons pulsing. I don't know if the Bodnar boards handle that or just pass on the pulses for you to deal with. If you have to do it please see the examples described in the FSUIPC advanced manual, towards the end of the section entitled "COMPOUND BUTTON CONDITIONS".

Pete