The simFlight Network Forums
JBBlack

In the Settings/Sounds screen of FSX

what slider most represents "AI" aircraft sounds, Engines or Environment?

I do hear the new sounds through all of my 7.1 speakers, but I want to see if I can get them louder.

thanks.

::::::::EDIT::::::::::::I just realized something, from the front (Turbine sounds) the sound is greatly improved and sounds just right, but when the jets pass the "thrust" sound goes down to almost non existent. Is there any way to make just this part louder?  Thanks.

PS: (Useless info) I grew up about a mile+ from TIA (KTPA) and believe it or not I miss those take-off thrust sounds from early in the morning. lol  At some times on early morning/foggy days they would thrust for a minute or so with breaks on the aircraft to get the rabbits and flamingos off the runways, this was of course after too many people complained and they quit using the howitzer...haha.  But from a mile or so away the takeoff thrust sound would rattle my windows.

Hi

If you are using compatible 7.1 sound card, There is a way to focus on the rear speakers volume, that is normally where you hear the take off thrusts when watching a take off go past.

When I first produced these sounds I had a team of commercial pilots and flight simmers who helped and advised me on all of the sound settings. If you look in the manual you will see all of my recommended sound settings and problems with sound cards that can alter the sounds. As for the sliders there is no considerable gain you can have with either, personally I would try either, just for peace of mind  

Regards

Alan    

I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Champion gaming something or other, so I went into the card options and used the surround slider to move more sound to the back/side speakers and that seemed to help a bit, I also set my sound device in FSX to use my hardware speakers and that helped even more. Sounds pretty good now!!  I'll keep mess'n with it though till I get it just right.

Say Alan, I saw in another thread that you mentioned there is a way to get start-up/spin-up sounds, but that it was somewhat of a pain?  I had a problem with this and the Audio Environment program crashing FSX whenever I used my Helicopters,  I actually had to remove the "moduelinstaller" part from AEX to get FSX to stop crashing with Helos.  All that module does is to create spin-up start up sounds for jets.

Quick question, can I use/enable startup sounds with your program OR within FSX? and does it cause any of these same problems with helos?

thanks man, and sorry to be a pain, I'm actually pretty excited about Traffic3D Sounds and want to get the most out of it!!

No Problem.

Send me a email and I will see if I can dig out some old files to send to you so as to enable the startup sounds

alan-constable@sky.com

Alan

Hey AC.....that is awesome!! 

Yer a good man AC, you responded quickly and with respect.

that's why I give you my business!!

Again, Happy New Year man!! And thank you for your good service!

JB