The simFlight Network Forums

Sending key events to FSX

I'm writing a client application that grabs any FSX child window and send its contents to a Saitek ProFlight Instrument Panel. 

My goal is to be able to show Boing 737 PFD, MFD, EICAS and GPS on the instrument panels, as well as programming their buttons to have functionality on FSX. 

Here's some of the work in progress: 

Photo 1 (PFD)

Photo 2 (MFD)

Photo 3 (GPS)

I'm planning to use the buttons and knobs to send the key events described on SimConnect SDK (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526980.aspx)%C2'> interact with FSX. 

My question: How do I use FSUIPC DLL to send those events to FSX, such as AP_ALT_VAR_INC for example (assigned to one of the knobs) or PANEL_3 (assigned to a button) to raise the GPS window for example. 

Thanks in advance. 

I'm planning to use the buttons and knobs to send the key events described on SimConnect SDK ( interact with FSX. 

My question: How do I use FSUIPC DLL to send those events to FSX, such as AP_ALT_VAR_INC for example (assigned to one of the knobs) or PANEL_3 (assigned to a button) to raise the GPS window for example. 

Just use offsets 3114, 3110, as described in the Offsets list supplied in the FSUIPC Documents folder. You need the Event numbers, which are listed in the List of FSX Controls document, also supplied.

Pete

On it, boss! 

I experimented with it and it worked perfectly. Too bad the offsets doc is not categorized, I had no idea offsets were also used to send event commands.

I'll be sure to write some extension methods to FSUIPC DLL. Too bad there aren't enums for those FS Commands, but I suppose I can write that as well. ^^

Thanks a lot for your assistance!