The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC returns wrong values after 10 min of FSX running

Hi there

I'm in the process of making a airbus cockpit using the Wilco model.

While trying to map all input/output using FSUIPC, I'm having this strange problem with FSUIPC (4.938c reg) 

I'm using the following program:

while (true) {

FSUIPC_Read(0x560E, 1, &ILS, &dwResult1);   // Wilco AIRBUS ILS Button 
   FSUIPC_Process(&dwResult2);

printf("%d\n", ILS);

Sleep(10000);

}

The program works ok...
.. if i use FSX panels to change ILS ... the value is read correctly by the program.
.. however  after 10 min... the reads don't reflect anymore the state of the panel.
.. it basically get stucked in the lastest state.

Meanwhile , the panels work ok and the plane continues to respond correctly.

I'm using a fresh installed PC with Win7, FSX Accelerator, and VC++ 2010 Express.
(this is a deedicated FSX PC....so nothing else is installed)

I've already tested with other memory positions and it looks like all Wilco specific variables have the same problem.

Any ideas, suggestions , recomendations  ?
thx

I'm afraid I can't really support third party offsets. I've no record of any offsets at all being requested for Wilco aircraft, and 560E is within the range of offsets assigned to Project Magenta. What program is using those other than PM?

Do the FS-related offsets seem to freeze? Is FSUIPC still connected to SimConnect, or frozen? Have you checked the FSUIPC log file to see if there are any errors?

Try using something like FSInterrogate on more regular FSUIPC offsets, for FS items that should be changing. If they are still changing, then it must be Wilco's code, or whatever program it is that you are using to map Wilco data to Project Magenta FSUIPC offsets.

Pete

Thx for your quick reply Pete.

I believe I've found the "problem".

While doing some additional tests.. I've removed all other FSX add-on dlls .... and bingo

I realize that I was using FSUIPC Export.dll 

Doing some additional research I realize that is this dll that map the custom wilco variable into the FSUIPC space...

thus allowing "normal" FSUIPC calls to be used.

Now the "bad" part is that FSUIPC Export.dll needs to be licensed , having then a 10 minutes limit for unlicensed use.

That's why my my code stop working after some time.

Further research shows that....

Hello,

Most of you certainly don't know me, I am the software developer of the Wilco Airbus Series Volume 1 & 2, developed by FeelThere and published by Wilco. I am happy to announce the release of the FSUIPC Exporter, final version. This module for FS2004 and FSX provides FSUIPC offsets for all the Airbus internal variables. It means it lets you interface any external application or any hardware with the Airbus aircrafts using FSUIPC offsets. Several hardware manufacturers such as VRInsight and FSCockpit already use it. For more information, see the “Cockpit” section my web site here: http://emarciano.free.fr/Cockpit.
The documentation is available online, showing all the available offsets. The FSUIPC Exporter module can be downloaded and tested for a limited time before buying, so don't hesitate and give it a try !!

Eric

So problem solved (I believe) ... need to pay more 60Eur to have my 38Eur plane working :-(

Thanks again for your time and help and sorry for the false alarm.

/rgds

While doing some additional tests.. I've removed all other FSX add-on dlls .... and bingo

I realize that I was using FSUIPC Export.dll 

Doing some additional research I realize that is this dll that map the custom wilco variable into the FSUIPC space...

thus allowing "normal" FSUIPC calls to be used.

Now the "bad" part is that FSUIPC Export.dll needs to be licensed , having then a 10 minutes limit for unlicensed use.

That's why my my code stop working after some time.

Ah, I see. I've never heard about that program, till now!

Pete