The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Offsets for turbine engine Fuel Flow

Greetings,

I'm a new user of FSUICP and WideFS (just purchased both today)  ;-) I'm now starting to write an application to read the engine instrumentation on FSX and am running into problems with getting the fuel flow for the engines. The app is written in C# (.Net 4.0 framework) and I'm able to successfully get N1, N2 and EGT but FF gives me some wild numbers. Looking at the documentation, the Offset I'm using for Eng 1 FF is 08A0 with a data type of short: private Offset<short> E1FF = new Offset<short>(0x08A0); //Offset for Eng 1 FF.

I can output a value to the screen, however the numbers are wildly off and as I advance the throttle, the numbers jump back and forth between positive and negative numbers. Can't seem to figure out the magic formula of getting the actual value that FSX is displaying in the cockpit either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Greetings,

I'm a new user of FSUICP and WideFS (just purchased both today)  ;-) I'm now starting to write an application to read the engine instrumentation on FSX and am running into problems with getting the fuel flow for the engines. The app is written in C# (.Net 4.0 framework) and I'm able to successfully get N1, N2 and EGT but FF gives me some wild numbers. Looking at the documentation, the Offset I'm using for Eng 1 FF is 08A0 with a data type of short: private Offset<short> E1FF = new Offset<short>(0x08A0); //Offset for Eng 1 FF.

Have you checked it using other ways. For example if you add the offset as a U16 in the FSUIPC Monitor facility (in the Logging tab) it will log that value and the original SimConnect value it is derived from.

You should also be using FSInterrogate to check these things. That's why it is provided as part of the SDK.

I can output a value to the screen, however the numbers are wildly off and as I advance the throttle, the numbers jump back and forth between positive and negative numbers. Can't seem to figure out the magic formula of getting the actual value that FSX is displaying in the cockpit either.

How can it be negative? It's a 16-bit unsigned value (range 0-65535) and needs to be treated as such!

You might find it easier to use offset 0918, which gives you the value directly in pph as a 64-bit double floating point value.

Pete

Personnaly for Jet and turboprop engines I use 64-bit double floating values at offsets 0x2060, 2160, etc depending on number of engines and 0x0918 and following (offsets &H98 for consecutive engines) for propeller aircrafts. Of course individual engine fuel flows should be added. It works well and completely fits gauge displays

Hervé