The simFlight Network Forums

Compound button issue

Hello,

I have built a gps button interface. To save inputs I use the compound functionality. The switches are pushbutton normal open. The way I wired the GPS ENTER button it would "press" button 5 and 6 simultaneously

Unfortunately the function for button 6 GPS CURSOR will also fire in that case. How can I avoid it?

57=CP(+G,5)G,6,C66623,0 ;GPS enter - Compund: button 5 + 6 together
58=PG,6,C66624,0        ;GPS cursor
59=CP(+G,7)G,5,C66612,0 ;GPS procedure
60=PG,5,C66611,0        ;GPS terrain

I have built a gps button interface. To save inputs I use the compound functionality. The switches are pushbutton normal open. The way I wired the GPS ENTER button it would "press" button 5 and 6 simultaneously

Unfortunately the function for button 6 GPS CURSOR will also fire in that case. How can I avoid it?

Sorry, you have WIRED the buttons so they always both press together? Really, with actual wire? Obviously, if you've done that, there's no way you can have separate functions on them.

If you actually mean that you have tried to PROGRAM them, or ASSIGN them to only do something when pressed together, then let's look:

This line will operate if you first hold down button 5 then press button 6. It won't necessarily work the other way around. the CONDITION is button 5, so it must be first.

58=PG,6,C66624,0 ;GPS cursor

This line will always operate when button 6 is pressed. It must dop as there's no condition stopping it!

59=CP(+G,7)G,5,C66612,0 ;GPS procedure

Like the first line, this one operates when button 7 is held down wilst button 5 is pressed.

60=PG,5,C66611,0 ;GPS terrain

This line always operates when button 5 is pressed because there's no condition telling it otherwise.

Regards

Pete

...as there's no condition stopping it!

So I changed it but it didn't help:

58=CP(-G,5)G,6,C66624,0 ;GPS cursor
59=CP(+G,7)(-G,4)G,5,C66612,0 ;GPS procedure
60=CP(-G,7)(-G,4)G,5,C66611,0 ;GPS terrain

To clarify my wiring: 31LKj5J.jpg

The GPS ENTER button from line 57 would be S3. I push it first and then push S1 so input 5 and 6 do get high simultaneously. Can it be fixed in the software or do I need to change the wiring?

So I changed it but it didn't help:

58=CP(-G,5)G,6,C66624,0 ;GPS cursor
59=CP(+G,7)(-G,4)G,5,C66612,0 ;GPS procedure
60=CP(-G,7)(-G,4)G,5,C66611,0 ;GPS terrain

To clarify my wiring: 31LKj5J.jpg

The GPS ENTER button from line 57 would be S3. I push it first and then push S1 so input 5 and 6 do get high simultaneously. Can it be fixed in the software or do I need to change the wiring?

How weird! Do you hold S3 down then? If so, why so complex? Why not simply hold down S2 whilst you press S1? The way you've programmed it, the input for #5 MUST be seen by FSUIPC before it sees #6.Maybe it may work if you reverse condition and actuator roles, but I couldn't guess and it might not be consistent in any case.

No matter that they appear to go on together, internally there will be a sequence. Have you logged buttons in FSUIPC so you can see? I don't think anything in real life is ever truly simultaneous, and even if they were, FSUIPC is going to be told about one before the other.

I don't understand why you'd even want three buttons to do the job of two.

Anyway, use the logging facilities so you can see why you are getting whatever it is you are getting.

Pete