The simFlight Network Forums

Could not load file or assembly 'FSUIPCClient

Hi Pete

My Visual Studio 2013 C# app runs fine inside the VS 2013 IDE.

When I compile the app and try to run its exe outside of VS 2013 I get the following error on start up:

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FSUIPCClient, Version=3.0.5495.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e7559b53e380b17' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'FSUIPCClient, Version=3.0.5495.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e7559b53e380b17'

I checked the FSUIPC DLL path in the VS Solution Explorer and the path is set correctly in References.

There must be something else I don't have configured correctly in my VS 2013 IDE for building my solution?

Thanks...

Hi Pete

When I compile the app and try to run its exe outside of VS 2013 I get the following error on start up:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FSUIPCClient, Version=3.0.5495.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e7559b53e380b17' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'FSUIPCClient, Version=3.0.5495.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e7559b53e380b17'

Sorry, I don't know anything about VS2013 (I'm still on 2010), nor C# nor FSUIPCClient. I think you might need to ask Paul Henty. He runs the subforum dealing with the .Net Client DLL, just above. (I'm sure you've used it before?).

Pete

Hi Pete

I checked the FSUIPC DLL path in the VS Solution Explorer and the path is set correctly in References.

There must be something else I don't have configured correctly in my VS 2013 IDE for building my solution?

Thanks...

Is the DLL in the same folder as the EXE?

Cheers!

Luke