The simFlight Network Forums

Help please!

I am afraid I am useless at this FSUIPC programming stuff. I followed a tutorial and decided to try and make a dedicated Saitek yoke and throttle set up for my PMDG J41.

All went fine for the yoke , throttle and even the prop condition levers but unfortunately the flaps are now permanently stuck on the first stage of flaps after I programmed one lever to do them.

I have tried re enabling the standard FSX Control Joystick and even removing the lever from the Flaps line in the standard FSX Options/Controls section but nothing will now allow the flaps on my PMDG J41 to go anywhere except the first stage of flaps!

How can I clear completely any of the dedicated settings I made and go back to default on that aircraft?

All help gratefully received!

All went fine for the yoke , throttle and even the prop condition levers but unfortunately the flaps are now permanently stuck on the first stage of flaps after I programmed one lever to do them.

Sounds like you've simply not calibrated all the flap positions. It's easy enough if you just follow the steps. I don't know about any tutorials about this, though.

I have tried re enabling the standard FSX Control Joystick and even removing the lever from the Flaps line in the standard FSX Options/Controls section but nothing will now allow the flaps on my PMDG J41 to go anywhere except the first stage of flaps!

Try pressing the "Reset" button in the FSUIPC calibration section for the flap assignment. You'll need to do that in any case to start calibrating again, doing it properly this tim.

How can I clear completely any of the dedicated settings I made and go back to default on that aircraft?

If these are the only settings you made in FSUIPC and you don't care about losing any others, the easiest way is to simply delete the FSUIPC4.INI file from the FS Modules folder before running FS. FSUIPC will make a new, default one, with only basic settings and no assignments at all.

If you are using Profiles and the J41 stuff in all set within its own profile then just delete any section in the INI file which has a title which ends with the <profile name].

Seems drastic though just to fix one badly calibrated axis!

You'd then go into FS options and re-enable controllers there. (You should have disabled them if using FSUIPC assignments).

Pete

Peter

I had to come back to you and let you know that the problem had nothing to do with FSUIPC but merely my stupidity!

I had forgotten that the realism of the PMDG J41 as opposed to less lifelike sims does not operate the flaps unless the engines are running to power the hydraulics and thus the flaps!

It was that simple! Sorry to bother you but thanks anyway for the advice.

Tony