The simFlight Network Forums

Hello !

Fresh FSX installed,  I'm a registered user both FSUIPC & WideFS, I re-installed FSUIPS, with no problem, now I noticed that I need to register WideFs, running the installer again, I did so, but for some reason, it doesn't accept my registration number, am I missing something ????

Thanks in advance

Yair     

• Upvote 1

Fresh FSX installed,  I'm a registered user both FSUIPC & WideFS, I re-installed FSUIPS, with no problem, now I noticed that I need to register WideFs, running the installer again, I did so, but for some reason, it doesn't accept my registration number, am I missing something ????  

You are making an error, then. Maybe you registered WideFS with a different email address? The name must be the same as for FSUIPC,but the email can be different.

Pete

Hello Pet and thanks for your response

I got it with same e-mail, the same  name  never had any installation issues before issues. 

I tried again, completely removing FSUIPC, went and pickup the Keys from my account, re-installed, FSUIPC is okay , than WIDFS, plugged the key, and the application seems like receiving it ... run FSX and sure enough WIDEFS tells me I need to run the installer and register (and yes, on the registration screen I picked both)  

Weird

Any idea ????

Thanks

Yair      

I got it with same e-mail, the same  name  never had any installation issues before issues. 

I tried again, completely removing FSUIPC, went and pickup the Keys from my account, re-installed, FSUIPC is okay , than WIDFS, plugged the key, and the application seems like receiving it ... run FSX and sure enough WIDEFS tells me I need to run the installer and register (and yes, on the registration screen I picked both)

What happens if you register WideFS first?

Why not register both in the same install attempt?

There has been no change in the registration system for years The last change was to allow separate email addresses from FSUIPC and WideFS. If you tell me both SimMarket order numbers I will try and see what your problem is.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Pete, I am running into the same problem above, FSUIPC registered fine, but WideFS is not accepting my key. I purchased FSUIPC4 and WideFS6, but the registration is asking for WideFS7 key. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

WideFS6 is for FS9 and before. You purchased the wrong product!

Pete

I guess there is a no refund policy, so I will have to purchase WideFS7? is there a low cost upgrade or I am out of luck?

Sorry, I don't know much about SimMarket's sales side, only what I see on their web pages same as you. But you could try throwing yourself on their mercy, saying it was an honest mistake. You'd need to raise a problem ticket through your account.

Pete

What are the steps to clear reminisce of fsx. As I was running the migration tool. Then uninstalled. And a fresh prepar3d install. I am attempting to install the latest fsuipc into prepar3d 2.5. Fsuipc says it's installed ok. When trying to register with existing registration says the registration was cancelled or does not check correctly. Also where exactly is the log file? Thanks.

When trying to register with existing registration says the registration was cancelled or does not check correctly.

You are making a mistake when entering your registration details. All three parts must be exactly correct.

Also where exactly is the log file? Thanks.

In the FS or P3D Modules folder, of course, where everything from FSUIPC resides. Nothing is ever placed anywhere else.

Pete