The simFlight Network Forums

Get "N,S,E,W" letter out of the FS to a SIOC variable

Hello,

I am trying to get from the latitude an longitude from my current position onto an LCD Display from Opencockpits.

But, I am only interested in the leading letter N or S and E or W.

Can someone help me to archive this? What FS offset I must read to get those information ?

Thanks a lot,

Mark

Hello,

I am trying to get from the latitude an longitude from my current position onto an LCD Display from Opencockpits.

But, I am only interested in the leading letter N or S and E or W.

Can someone help me to archive this? What FS offset I must read to get those information ?

Thanks a lot,

Mark

As per the offsets documentation in your FSUIPC Documents folder (did you look?), the latitude and longitude values are available in two places: 

0560, latitude in FS units as a 64-bit integer

0568, longitude in FS units as a 64-bit integer

6010, latitude from GPS in 64-bit floating point format.

6018, longitude from GPS in 64-bit floating point format.

Pete

As per the offsets documentation in your FSUIPC Documents folder (did you look?), the latitude and longitude values are available in two places: 

0560, latitude in FS units as a 64-bit integer

0568, longitude in FS units as a 64-bit integer

6010, latitude from GPS in 64-bit floating point format.

6018, longitude from GPS in 64-bit floating point format.

Pete

Hi Pete,

yes I looked at the provided Offset PDF, but I am not shure how to get only the letters in text not the numbers in one variable to be displayed on the LCD screen.

Or maybe this calculation must be done within SIOC. If its negateive than write "S" to the variable, if we won't get the text direct out of the FS.

Mark

Hi Pete,

yes I looked at the provided Offset PDF, but I am not shure how to get only the letters in text not the numbers in one variable to be displayed on the LCD screen.

Or maybe this calculation must be done within SIOC. If its negateive than write "S" to the variable, if we won't get the text direct out of the FS.

Correct. There are no "letters" provided by FS. You need only to interpret the sign. If -ve it is S or W, if +ve it is N or E. 

Pete