The simFlight Network Forums

Cabin lights within FSX through FSUIPC

Hi,

I understood the cabinlights could be set on/off by using the 0x0D0C.9 bit. Does anyone knows if this is right? I have set this up in Prosim737, but this does not work. All other FSUIPC bits corresponding with light are functioning well

Thanks and regards

Ed

I understood the cabinlights could be set on/off by using the 0x0D0C.9 bit. Does anyone knows if this is right? I have set this up in Prosim737, but this does not work. All other FSUIPC bits corresponding with light are functioning well

It depends entirely on the aircraft model. Are you using the new Prosim738 model? If so the cabin lights need other lights setting too. No idea why. If you are using that model let me know and I'll give you the 0D0C settings I use. Took a lot of experimentation to work it all out!

Pete

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hello Pete,

Sorry for this huge delay. :-(

Its because of not enabling 'Notify me of replies'. Cam up to this post again, because of using this again. However, in the meanwhlie I left FSX and am nnow a P3D V335 user.

Are you still able to help me in this, please. I am using the Flightmodel 2.0 from Prosim. Thank you, Pete

Regards,

Ed

6 hours ago, cuevision said:

Are you still able to help me in this, please. I am using the Flightmodel 2.0 from Prosim.

Wow! 17 months later?

I'm away from my system at present. Please post again on Monday, or later, when I am back.

Pete

Sorry, now home and reading this properly:

The light assignments I use in Prosim do not include Cabin Lights. I don't think they work for me in the Prosim 738 model. This thread, which does imply that they should or may work, from the model's Prosim Forum is relevant:

http://prosim-ar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=9561&p=70945&hilit=cabin#p70945

I've never really been bothered with cabin lights as 

(a) my cockpit has no such switch. They are controlled, I think, by the non-pilot crew, and
(b) I'm rarely looking at the aircraft from outside, and especially not at night, so never really notice this deficiency.

Pete

Hello Pete

Again thanks. As you say; looking outside is not as normal using your home build cockpit. However, since I use ORBX for almost every part the made and that I am recording flights with EZDOK, it's just nice to get that flight with the nice environment on film ;-)

I have seen this link yesterday and no read it completely yet. About the Cabin light. What I do not like is, when I switch the LOGO light (I also do not have a cabin light switch), cabin light and logo are turning on together. Also this does not matter or important, but thinking my passengers do not have any lights in their compartment when I switch of the Logolight....

I will read Larrylinxs' link and am curious if this does what it should o.

Again thanks and a nice evening.
Regards,
Ed

Hi Pete,

I have tried it with that link. It seems my config was already up to date. No changes.

But, I have tried to do assignment to FSUIPC, using my switches on my overhead panel. Can you tell me why they won't been recognized by FSUIPC?

Thanks and regards,

Ed