The simFlight Network Forums

Setting FSX time

Hello Guys,

this is my first post and I´m also quite noob in programming so sorry for possible simple questions!

I´m programming in visual basic and I nead that my application would be able to set time to FSX. I was able to do it using offset 023c for changing minutes, but when I try to change hour at same time(with offset 023B), it only changes the hour and the minutes is like nothing happening because when I set the hour it reset minutes and seconds to 0000!

Do you know any way to change the simulator time to an exact time of my choice?

thanks very much in advance ;)

I´m programming in visual basic and I nead that my application would be able to set time to FSX. I was able to do it using offset 023c for changing minutes, but when I try to change hour at same time(with offset 023B), it only changes the hour and the minutes is like nothing happening because when I set the hour it reset minutes and seconds to 0000!

Sounds like you are writing values of the wrong type. Both hour and minute values are single 8-bit bytes. If you write values as normal integers you are writing 32-bits, or 4 bytes, so when writing to 023B you will also write 023C, 023D and 023E.

Changing the time correctly in FS is not so easy in any case. You really need to build the changed values in a structure and write it all in one go.

Note that if you change the time by a minute or more it will cause a reload of scenery.

Pete