The simFlight Network Forums

Load some fuel on plane and fuel level question

Hi! 

This is my first post here so bare with me :) I have 7 years programming background so you can "TechTalk" to me as im familiar with data types and stuff.

So at first i wanted to know why 

PS.FuelLevelUSGallons.ToString("f1")

Returns integer value 52.00 even if there is 52.69 in tanks. Is there other function to have this value as more accurate ?

Second, how i add fuel to tanks ? 

Thank you in advance !

Okey, i made it ! First question answer is : 

Math.Round(((PS.FuelCapacityUSGallons + 1) / 100) * PS.FuelPercentage, 2) & " gallons (" & PS.FuelPercentage.ToString("f2") & "%)" 

and second answer is : 

If (Form1.LeftTank = True) Then
            Form1.PS.GetFuelTank(FSUIPC.FSFuelTanks.Left_Main).LevelUSGallons = Form1.LeftTankCapacity
        End If

If (Form1.RightTank = True) Then
            Form1.PS.GetFuelTank(FSUIPC.FSFuelTanks.Right_Main).LevelUSGallons = Form1.RightTankCapacity
        End If

Hi,

So at first i wanted to know why 

PS.FuelLevelUSGallons.ToString("f1")

Returns integer value 52.00 even if there is 52.69 in tanks. Is there other function to have this value as more accurate ?

I've tried it here and the accuracy of PS.FuelLevelUSGallons is correct to many decimal places. It could be that version 2.4 (which you are probably using) has a bug in it. I've attached version 3 (beta) if you want to try that.

I see you've worked out how to add fuel. You've probably also worked out you need to call PS.WriteChanges() after you've made all your adjustments to send the data to FSUIPC. I only mention it because it's not in the code you posted.

Paul

FSUIPCClient3.0_BETA.zip

Yeah i figured out this by my own afterall ! Yeah 2.4 p3d

Sub setFuelLevels()
        If (Form1.LeftTank = True) Then
            Form1.PS.GetFuelTank(FSUIPC.FSFuelTanks.Left_Main).LevelUSGallons = Form1.LeftTankCapacity
        End If

If (Form1.RightTank = True) Then
            Form1.PS.GetFuelTank(FSUIPC.FSFuelTanks.Right_Main).LevelUSGallons = Form1.RightTankCapacity
        End If

Form1.PS.WriteChanges()
        Threading.Thread.Sleep(2000)
        Form1.PS.RefreshData()
    End Sub

I got another question, i hope its okey if i ask in this topic.. so , do you know these green arrow kind markers in FSX tutorials/missions ?  those markers guides player as they fly and you can see distance / heading at the compass.
Is there any change i could create one by myself while i fly ? (or can i move existing marker ?) It should be possible because there is function inside engine which creates them. I tried to check every topic and documentation but didnt find the lead.. 

Thank you in advance :)

Should be ! :) Check this information, im talking about POI objects and there is addons which creates them

There is some controls aswell in documentation:
POINT_OF_INTEREST_CYCLE_NEXT 66694

POINT_OF_INTEREST_CYCLE_PREVIOUS 66693
POINT_OF_INTEREST_TOGGLE_POINTER 66692 
Dont know tho how to use controls..

11brucj.jpg

Edited by Roope Järvenpää

There is some controls aswell in documentation:

POINT_OF_INTEREST_CYCLE_NEXT 66694

POINT_OF_INTEREST_CYCLE_PREVIOUS 66693
POINT_OF_INTEREST_TOGGLE_POINTER 66692

I assume these cycle through the points already defined in a mission; so you would need to know all the points when you create the mission.

You can send these controls via offset 0x3110. Declare this offset as an <int>, then set the value to the number of the control.

Paul