The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.939e - Prepar3d.exe continues to run in the task manager

I am not sure, whether this is a FSUIPC issue, but this problem started coming up only after i upgraded to FSUIPC 4.939e version.. 

yesterday i got a sudden duplicate FSUIPC.dll error while starting P3d. This was the first time i got this error. On quick investigation i figured out, it is because the earlier instance of Prepar3d.exe was still running on my task manager. I had to physically kill the process. From thereafter, everytime i am exiting out of Prepar3d, the instance keeps on running on the task manager with CPU utilization less than 0.01%.. It doesnt gets released automatically...

Any ideas what might be going on.. I tried finding whether there is any module which is locking Prepar3d.exe, but could not find any...

This is a fresh install of Prepar3d v2.5 (without the hotfix) ...

Any ideas what might be going on.. I tried finding whether there is any module which is locking Prepar3d.exe, but could not find any...

This is a fresh install of Prepar3d v2.5 (without the hotfix) ...

There have been many things which caused Prepar3D to hang on exit, like that, and, yes, with no Window showing. They appear to have eliminated most of them. With FSUIPC the only thing I know of which might possibly still do it (though it is very unlikely) is if some Lua plug-in was doing something critical at the time and its thread hung pending so action which then never happens.

And you should be installing P3D hotfiles, as they do actually fix things.

Pete