The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.939e and instant replays...erased after an autosave?

Hi.  Please excused me if this has been covered already, but I don't know what I'm looking for, so I don't know if I've seen it.

I've noticed after installing FSUIPC 4.939e (purchased and downloaded last night) into a fresh installation of FSX, SP1+Acceleration, I now lose my instant replays after (I'm guessing here) the 2 minute interval I gave FSUIPC to wait for each AutoSave interval.  Is it possible that FSUIPC is erasing/resetting my instant replay times or memory?  I simply don't know what to look for.  I do know FSUIPC is the only thing that didn't come with FSX that's been installed.

I'd appreciate any assistance on this.

I've noticed after installing FSUIPC 4.939e (purchased and downloaded last night) into a fresh installation of FSX, SP1+Acceleration, I now lose my instant replays after (I'm guessing here) the 2 minute interval I gave FSUIPC to wait for each AutoSave interval.  Is it possible that FSUIPC is erasing/resetting my instant replay times or memory?

No. FSUIPC knows nothing about instant replays or their timers. The autosave merely saves Flights in exactly the same way as when you do it, via the menu or via pressing ; and entering a name. The only difference with FSUIPC Autosave is that it does it automatically and it generates the name for you. It calls exactly the same flight save facility.

See if just saving a flight also "loses" you replays. If so, then that's just how FS is designed to work.

Pete

Thank you for your quick reply, Pete. 

It must not be FSUIPC, because I've been sitting on the ground in Vegas in the default Baron 58, without ever flying it, and I have 2000 seconds of uninterrrupted replay.  The thing is, I can fly it for a while, then run a replay of 300 or 400 seconds, but after watching it all the way through, if I go back 10 minutes or so later and try to do the same (flight having been paused the entire time, since the replay), it's reduced to 30 seconds or so since I've landed.

Something must have changed, since I installed from scratch a couple of days ago, that clears video memory after X amount of use and/or X amount of time.  Could something like adding "HIGHMEMFIX=1" be a utility that clears memory in such a fashion?  ...or do I need to ask that question somewhere else?

(It sure improves performance.)

(I've had FSX on this computer, with no hardware changes recently, for 3 years now and haven't encountered this.  I haven't used the memory fix above before this installation, though.)

Thanks again.  Yours,

Randy

Sorry, I really do know absolutely nothing about instant replay. I used to use FSRecorder on occasion, but these days the facilities actually built into the nVidia "Geforce Experience" package for snapshots, frame rate measurement and video recording, far exceed anything I've ever used built specifically for (or into) FS.

Pete