The simFlight Network Forums

Eliminate

I make a new profile of plane, but my joystick keeps in memory affectations(appointments) which I does not want in the location of the boutton. How to erase the affectation(appointment).

(sorry my english)

Ralli 

I make a new profile of plane, but my joystick keeps in memory affectations(appointments) which I does not want in the location of the boutton. How to erase the affectation(appointment).

Assignments, you mean? Have you tried simply deleting them? 

Joystick axis assignments and calibrations made for a Profile replace all those made outside the Profile, so there is no problem there. So I assume you mean button assignments? There again, if you assign them to something else in a Profile, the non-Profile assignment for the same buttons will be ignored. The only buttons and keys which will be active in your profile are those assigned IN your profile, plus those assigned outside the profile but not in it.

In other words, there's never any clash or problem with using a profile and leaving old assignments alone.

However, if you really must delete default (non-profile) button assignments, you need to:

1. Go to the FSUIPC Options, Buttons & Switches tab,

2. Make sure the 'Profile-specific' tick is clear -- click on the option if not to remove the tick and let the dialogue show non-profile assignments, 

3. Press the button you want to un-assign

4. Click on the Clear button below the assignment(s)

5. OK, done.

Pete

Grace à votre aide, j'ai réglé mon problème de profil de bouttons avec deux affectations.

En effet, à l'extérieur du profil (FSX Paramètres-commandes, onglet boutons/touches) j'ai du supprimer des affectations du joystick.

Every think is ok now...

Ralli

Thanks to your help, I solved my problem BUTTONS profile with two assignments.
Indeed , outside of the profile ( FSX Settings - controls, buttons / keys tab) I had to remove assignments joystick .

Every thing is ok now...

Ralli

• 2 weeks later...

How to print a list of "Custom Control" terms?

Custom controls are just numbers used by some add-ons to allow greater access to facilities. The only add-ons I know that definitely use this method are the PMDG 737NGX, and probably their 777, and their list will be in the documents -- probably in their SDK folder.

Pete