The simFlight Network Forums

Dear Mr. Dowson,

using the offset in subject, happens that the values are higher by about 30/33% of what I can read on wilcos airbus' variometer.

In particular way, these are some reads:

fpm fs9 fpm by FSUIPC ratio

3200    4100                 1,28125

2000    2660                 1,33

0          0                       #DIV/0!

-3400  -4430                1,302941176

-4100  -5470                1,334146341

These reads are taken on FS9, but the same problem is present on FSX.

Is a know problem? And it can be addressed?

Thanks in advance, regards

Emanuele Bettinazzi

Italy

using the offset in subject, happens that the values are higher by about 30/33% of what I can read on wilcos airbus' variometer.

Is a know problem? And it can be addressed?

Problem? Or simply measuring different things?

FSUIPC simply keeps that value updated from the identical value (02C8), fed continuously frame-by-frame from FS, except when FS indicates that the aircraft is "on-ground". Maybe it is the Wilco one which is wrong, or maybe, because it is their aircraft, they know more precisely when the rubber on the tyres skim the surface  (and thus start spinning) more accurately than FS does in deciding it is "on the ground". Maybe the FS one needs the actual gear compression to start. Or maybe it's vice versa? Who knows which point is the most precise, and is there really just one answer?

If there's a bounce sufficient to make FS decide it isn't on the ground again then the offset might be updated further, but I do have a delay inbuilt (at least in FSUIPC4, not sure about FSUIPC3) which should prevent that, except possibly for giant leaps! ;-)

Pete

but I do have a delay inbuilt (at least in FSUIPC4, not sure about FSUIPC3) which should prevent that

That's an interesting information Pete..Could we have some more information on the way you set this delay? I'm sure designers who include landing detection (with or without bounce detection) in their FSUIPC driven applications will be interested. Thanks for sharing

Hervé

Probably I expressed myself badly. My post is intended as report and curiosity.
In two words: i've made a little pirep program who is able to correctly report the hardness touch land.
For test reasons, i decided to read continuously the 030C offset while the aircraft is on fly.
Reading the values, i've noted the differences. So, i decided to make a test. A simply climb from FL120 to FL180 at constant +2000' climb, taking times.
This is values table:
feet     seconds climb rate
12000 0  
13000 28,88     2077,562327
14000 29,91     2006,018054
15000 29,89     2007,360321
16000 28,67     2092,779909
17000 29,98     2001,334223
18000 29,78     2014,775017

as can you read, more or less, wilco climbs at constant values and variometer is correct, while FSUIPC reads values greater about 30/30% in according to my precedent post.

So, i repeat, it's only a curiosity: why FSIUPC reads these "wrong" values? 

Another consideration: at small variometer's values, the "wrong" values (diffecences from FSIUPC reads and glass cockpit reads) became very little.

Thanks in advance

Emanuele

as can you read, more or less, wilco climbs at constant values and variometer is correct, while FSUIPC reads values greater about 30/30% in according to my precedent post.

So, i repeat, it's only a curiosity: why FSIUPC reads these "wrong" values? 

Who says SimConnect values, directly reported by FS to FSUIPC, are "wrong"?  Surely your add-on reported values are much more likely to be wrong! FSUIPC cannot "invent" values just to please you! It simply reports what it is given, no more, no less!

Pete

Who says SimConnect values, directly reported by FS to FSUIPC, are "wrong"?  Surely your add-on reported values are much more likely to be wrong! FSUIPC cannot "invent" values just to please you! It simply reports what it is given, no more, no less!

Pete

Mr Dowson,

i used the "" around the word wrong because i know that FSUIPC is correct and surely i need to revise my program. 

Thank you for your help and thank you for your time.

Regards

Emanuele