The simFlight Network Forums

CH YOKE DISCONECTING

Hello peter, nice to meet you. my problem is when in windowed mode in fsx steam I click anything on the bottom windows task bar say to open plan 3 g it disconnects my ch yoke everytime and I have to come right out of fsx and start again I have your free fsuipc installed but somebody senior on the orbx forum said the only cure for this known problem on windows 8.1 is to purchase the full fsuipc version. will that correct it?

many thanks.

my problem is when in windowed mode in fsx steam I click anything on the bottom windows task bar say to open plan 3 g it disconnects my ch yoke everytime and I have to come right out of fsx and start again

Really? That's awful. something is very wrong there!

I have your free fsuipc installed but somebody senior on the orbx forum said the only cure for this known problem on windows 8.1 is to purchase the full fsuipc version. will that correct it?

I can't really say. It certainly won't just by purchasing it. You'd probably have to at least assign the axes in FSUIPC, disabling controllers in FS. But without knowing why you get this odd thing happening, I couldn't say if it would help or not. Have you asked CH?

One thing that may possibly help when assigning in FSUIPC rather than FS is that it will tend to pick up re-connected joystick devices, maybe automatically, but definitely when visiting it's axis assignments pages -- it re-scans them then. Maybe that would save you having to reload FS, but i don't know if it could help further.

Pete

Thank you peter when I used windows 7 before it expired and died I had no problems with this so I could pull up say a youtube video,s to follow instructions for example and then minimize and return to fsx all the time.Sorry I don't know too much about FSUIPC (silly me) but I have been simming for years with lots of payware add ons I fly with my ch yoke and use the mixture lever to steer, how much and what could I achieve by purchasing the full FSUIPC sorry for my ignorance peter I just don't understand your product fully its probably fantastic and loved by thousands.

james.

windows 8.1

i7 4470  3.6gb

16gb ram

nvida 770 2 gb

Hi luke nice to meet you my windows 7 computer died now I am on my new windows 8.1 computer 

Shame. Most PC suppliers are still offering Windows 7 as an option rather than Win 8 -- after all, it is still a valid O/S and can be purchased everywhere.. I'm using Win7 and WinXP, the two best operating systems MS every produced.

Folks are hoping Win10 will fix things, and that's a free update from either Win7 or Win8 as far as I understand.

Pete