The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Hardware and FSX Steam

As I recall you are using PFC hardware.  Are you using it with steam?  If so how did you get the get it working.

Steam is not recognizing my hardware at all.

PFC serial port hardware is handled by my PFCFSX.DLL driver, and it's USB HID hardware is handled by my PFCHID.DLL driver. There's no PFC hardware I've ever had which would be recognised directly by any simulator or other "Steam" program. It is all handled by drivers I wrote for it and which interface to FSUIPC.

If you mean you have standard joystick type equipment, recognised by Windows as such, then FSX-SE will see it just as FSX, FS0, or any other 'game' program would, as they will all be using the standard Windows facilities for joysticks.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have all Precision Flight Controls hardware but FSX Steam doesn't recognize it.  I have a registered copy of FSUIPC4 and WIDEFS7 and have managed to get FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 installed in FSX Steam but it shows it as unregistered and I can not seem to get it registered in steam.

I think my biggest problem is trying to figure where to install everything.  I am sorry but I am having memory problems and it is a little difficult to understand at times.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

I have all Precision Flight Controls hardware but FSX Steam doesn't recognize it. 

There is no difference in how any version of FS or P3D treats normal standard joystick type devices. 

Did you not see my previous reply? Are your PFC devices standard USB joysticks, recognised in Windows? If so then there should be no problem..

It is no use repeating your requests for help until and unless you actually supply more information. As I said, I provide drivers for the older original serial port PFC device (like my PFC cockpit), and a separate driver for their later HID type USB devices (like the PFC Consoles). But I know they also do standard devices which need no special drivers at all, only those already in Windows for standard joysticks.

Until you can be clearer about WHAT devices you are talking about, I cannot help. Please also READ my previous reply which you appear to have ignored altogether.

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC4 and WIDEFS7 and have managed to get FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 installed in FSX Steam but it shows it as unregistered and I can not seem to get it registered in steam.

This is a separate question, nothing to do with PFC devices.

You do NOT register either program in Steam, you register in the Installer, as described in the Installation and Registration document which you will find in the ZIP.

Pete

Pete,

I have seen your replies, read them and am sorry I am so dense but I am trying.

I have the PFC Jetliner yoke, The Power Quadrant Cabinet,( with radio controls, throttles, start switches, light controls etc.) and Cirrus rudder pedals.

I do have registered FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 installed in FSX.  But when I opened Steam and selected FSUIPC both FSUIPC and WideFS7 come up as unregistered and won't open.  I know you don't register them in steam. Where do I register them so they show as registered in Steam?

I hope this is more clear to you.

Tom

I have the PFC Jetliner yoke, The Power Quadrant Cabinet,( with radio controls, throttles, start switches, light controls etc.) and Cirrus rudder pedals.

Well, my Jetliner Yoke connected into the back of the Quadrant box, and the latter had a serial port lead connecting to a serial port (not USB) on the PC. That was handled by my PFCFSX driver for FSX, or PFC.DLL for FS9 and before. I don't have them now because I replaced the whole lot with the PFC 737NG cockpit.

I understand that, later, PFC made some normal standard joystick-type USB Jetliner Yokes. If yours is one of those then it should connect direct to a USB socket and be recognised in Windows as a joystick device. It wouldn't need any of my software, PFCFSX, or FSUIPC.

So you need to know what sort of device you have. Have you never used it before? Is there no documentation for it?

I don't know of a "Power Quadrant Cabinet with radio controls, etc etc". How does it connect? Doesn't it come with documentation?

And then the Cirrus Rudder pedals. Again, the ones I had connected to the back of the quadrant control box, but they also made standard USB pedals which would be recognised by Windows. Again you need to know the connection.

I'm afraid I am NOT PFC support. If you've just bought this stuff new then there must surely be documentation, and you should be able to use the Support from your supplier to get things sorted out.

I do have registered FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 installed in FSX.  But when I opened Steam and selected FSUIPC both FSUIPC and WideFS7 come up as unregistered and won't open.  I know you don't register them in steam. Where do I register them so they show as registered in Steam?

In the Installer, as I already said!!! You are simply repeating yourself. You say you "do have registered FSUIPC and WideFS7", so how did you register them? There is a document inside the downloaded ZIP file which you should read. It tells you these things!

You also say "both FSUIPC and WideFS7 come up as unregistered and won't open.". What do you mean "won't open"? WideFS7 doesn't "open" in any case. If nothing "opens" how do you know they "come up as unregistered"?

Sorry, but nothing you say makes much sense.

Also, shouldn't you have posted two separate questions? One is about PFC things, which is probably better addressed to your PFC support, and the other is about FSUIPC and WideFS. What is the connection in your mind which makes you combine these?

Pete