The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6 released

Dear friend, MyTraffic 6 finally has hit the skies of virtual aviation!

While based on MyTraffic 5, really a lot had to be changed to fully support FSX, FSX SE, P3DV1 and P3DV2. Indeed you can have all 4 Simulators installed on your System, and use the same Installation of MyTraffic for all of them. 

When installing, please read the Installation instructions, and follow them line by line. Everything is completely different than it was with MyTraffic 5, this is the big cleanup for this decade now, also necessary to support Windows 8.1. You should remove MyTraffic 5 from FSX.cfg and as scenery before you can add MyTraffic 6.

Now I know you will want to know how to upgrade, and there I have two news for you, a good and a bad one.

The bad one is that there will be no upgrade rebate for users of MyTraffic 5 - after so many ( eight!) years this has to be broken somewhere.

But the good one is, that for the next three weeks you can purchase MyTraffic 6 for Euro 17.94 ( plus Vat where it applies) only, so for the price of the old updates.

Hey Burkhard,

This is great news.  Just about to purchase.

But, quick question please, not good at the technical stuff, when you say remove MyTraffic 5 from FSX.cfg and as scenery before you can add MyTraffic 6, does this mean remove MyTraffic5b & c completely?

Regards.

James

Hi Burkhard,

I purchased and loaded MT5.4c in 2014 and could never get it to stop crashing my system when using the Spring 2013 schedule and flying within the USA in certain locations. When I loaded the Autumn 2012 schedule, no further problems.

What schedules will you be supplying with MT6, and do they still use the same logic as previous schedules?

It was like some airways routes etc in the 2013 schedule had issues that FSX could not overcome. 

I presume the A380's are present for the various airlines, most notably Emirates, as they have most of the total flying now. 

Regards

Ged

MyTraffic 6 contains schedules collected February 2015, these have been tested quite a lot without stability issues. The logic has been improved, while the 2013 logic was identical to the 2012 one. Just a question, did you change the models to performance or wide screen?

There are more A380 paints, and the latest addition is the Qatar A359 flying OTHH-EDDF daily.

If you keep the MyTraffic folder of 5.4 or not is your decision, but since the pathes to MyTraffic 6 are different to those for MyTraffic 5 typically, the entry to FSX.cfg and the scenery entry must be made new. The communicator can help you if you remove the entry, you can also do so in the new communicator.

Vielen Dank für die neue Version,Burkhard und Deine unermüdliche Arbeit.

Nutze MyTraffic schon über 10Jahre.

Der Preis ist auch sehr fair-----wie immer.

Micha

Danke auch von mir für die neue Version! Nutze das Tool auch schon seit der ersten Version!

Läuft echt "saugut" auf P3D2.5 und im FSX!

thank you also from me for the new version! um usinf this program since the first version.

the new is running excelent on my P3D2.5 and also in FSX!

greetings from Austria,

Alti

It took me a staggering 1 (one) second to decide if I was going to buy this or not. Seriously? This is a no-brainer product. You just to buy it, and that's that. :)

Hello,

I have purchased MT6 today, too. But I think I've got a problem. There is far too little traffic to be seen. I use MT6 with P3Dv2.5.

In the MyTraffic Editor I've choosen "Create all files and traffic", the selected year was "2015".

I have used the original MT6-database.

Here are the data of my database:

mt6database.jpg

The file sizes of the traffic files are too small, too. This comparisation shows it:

MT5.4c:

Mytrafficcommercial.bgl: 118 MB

MyTrafficglobal.bgl: 40 MB

MT6.0:

Mytrafficcommercial.bgl: 14 MB

MyTrafficglobal.bgl: 500 KB

Can you please tell me, what's going wrong with my installation?

Edit: OK, I just tried to use the "traffic2015.bat" file in the MyTraffic main folder instead the MyTraffic editor. Now everything seems to be fine. But I can not exclude random flights and Non-DX10-models when using the batch-file.

Thanks,
Patric

Hey Burkhard,

I have installed MyTraffic 6, but I have no traffic at all.  I must have done something wrong.  I wonder if it's to do with this part of the installation.

[The next dialog lets you chose where to install MyTraffic. Since it is an addon to several flight simulators, it should no longer reside inside the structure of any flight sim, but be on a place for its own. You must have full control over the space where you install MyTraffic, and you must take a folder where you can browse with windows explorer, so part of your user profile is not usable.

The next window you should just press install.].  Where should I put this and what should I do to correct, not good at the technical stuff?   

Regards.

James

Burk,

I bought it. (Although I could have stayed with what I already had. ;-)  ). If there was a Flight Simulation Hall of Fame. You'd be one of the first inductees, along with Pete Dowson.

Jay

@pscharff -  a compilation of traffic from the default data base should give exactly the same result as what you get with the default schedules, if not, please send me 

a ) what steps did you perform exactly?

b ) which language version of FSX do you have installed?

c) the log files zipped created during compilation.

Background: The countries are named differently in different language versions, and some addons again use different ways to spell them - Trafficdatabasebuilder stops compilation once it hits an unknown country. Please open another topic for the reply, or send as message.

@jamesboy

What folder did you chose to install MyTraffic? Please send me the file MyTraffic\folders.txt that you got after localization.

Hey Burkhard,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  In the communicator after localisation the text shows C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\.  Something tells me it shouldn't be there though.

Thanks.

James

Hey Burkhard,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  In the communicator after localisation the text shows C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\.  Something tells me it shouldn't be there though.

Thanks.

James

That is the default installation path of FSX. But where did you install MyTraffic. If you delete the file folders.txt, you can localze everything again.

Hi Burkhard,

I have two questions about MyTraffic6: Is it true that the user can no longer use the "simplified" models as in MT5.4 to save FPS?  In another thread, you stated that the new version only includes the wide screen format of the models. Does that mean that if you still use a 5:4 or 4:3 format screen, you should expect visual distortions of the models?

Mr Burkhard. I have installed My Traffic 6 following the steps outlined but I only see a very small amount of what looks like GA traffic. After trail and error I went ahead an uninstalled 5.4c and uninstalled and re-installed my SDK just to see if it would make a difference and it did not.

What steps could I be missing? Is there something that is supposed to be done with the Flight Plan editor that is not in the installation instructions?

Just for reference here is my FSX.cfg configuration. Thanks!

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Csavage

Mr Burkhard. I have installed My Traffic 6 following the steps outlined but I only see a very small amount of what looks like GA traffic. After trail and error I went ahead an uninstalled 5.4c and uninstalled and re-installed my SDK just to see if it would make a difference and it did not.

What steps could I be missing? Is there something that is supposed to be done with the Flight Plan editor that is not in the installation instructions?

Just for reference here is my FSX.cfg configuration. Thanks!

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Csavage

Never mind I figured it out. I think th issue was in the config line. Thanks!

Hi Burkhard,

I can see your really busy.  I have no clue where I Installed MyTraffic. I just used the path that was in the dialogue box and clicked next.  I don't know how to delete the file folders.txt, so I can localze everything again.

So, I deleted the programme.  Before I reinstall I wonder where I should install My Traffic.  I'm sorry but I don't know about these things.

Thanks.

James

Where do you have full controll over your computer? What is your setup? Do you have a partition or drive for data? And - MyTraffic 6 installer asks you where to install, maybe you just write down where you do so, than you can easily find.

Then, localize MyTraffic first, then localize FSX, each process terminated by clicking OK.

Hi Burkhard,

I have no clue about any of what you have asked.  Usually when I right click, I can run programme as the administrator, but not given this option with this programme.  I have everything on my local disk (C:).  I run Windows 7, 64 bit.  I don't know if this is what you are looking for?  Where is the best place to install MyTraffic 6?  I didn't have any issues installing any of the previous versions.

What's next?

Regards.

James

HI Burkhard,

Just a thought, not sure if this is where I went wrong.  When installing I get to the select installation folder.  In the box it shows Folder: C:/MyTraffic Professional\  Do I select Browse or click next?  If I need to select browse, what do I do? 

Thanks

James