The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6 released

Issues:

I cannot get MT6 to localize FSX Steam Edition. I have to do it manually by typing the location(in my case D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\FSX. The next sequence cannot be completed as MT6 cannot then find the FSX.cfg file.

As I have P3D 2.5 too, I skipped fooling with the FSX SE install and installed MT6 into P3D 2.5. The line: [Entry.9]

Path="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" is successfully added to the P3D 2.5 simobjects cfg file.

Can I manually add the "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" line to the FSX simobjects list in the FSX.cfg and if so, are the "quotes" necessary?

Thanks,

C.

Edited by cabby44

@jamesboy: Hm, it is your computer, not mine. If you have full control over C.\, then press continue. If you don't have, browse to a location that you have full control over, which might be D:\ or anything else.

To check if you have full control, try the following: Right click into it, and choose new.. then text file. If you can create a text file, and than delete it again, without any alert, than you have full control.

@cabby - do you have Steam as only FSX, or FSX SE and FSX from DVD?

If FSX SE is your only install, it behaves like a normal FSX, and should be addressed through communicator like a normal FSX. The FSX SE branch only applies is FSX SE was installed after FSX DVD... Sorry not invented by me, but by Steam.

And once you have FSX SE installed, never install FSX from DVD - that must make a really big mess.

The quotes are necessary whenever there is a blank in a folder name.

@cabby - do you have Steam as only FSX, or FSX SE and FSX from DVD?

If FSX SE is your only install, it behaves like a normal FSX, and should be addressed through communicator like a normal FSX. The FSX SE branch only applies is FSX SE was installed after FSX DVD... Sorry not invented by me, but by Steam.

And once you have FSX SE installed, never install FSX from DVD - that must make a really big mess.

The quotes are necessary whenever there is a blank in a folder name.

Ahh, I wasn't clear on that, I kept trying to localize thru the FSX SE tab. Ok, off to test both P3D and FSX SE. Thanks, for the prompt reply, Burkhard!

C.

Hi,

i am new to FSX, have FSX SE, is this the same one released by aerosoft. The reason i am asking is in simmarket its mentioned as Sold by B.Renk but i thought my traffic is a product of aerosoft is my traffic 6 is a different product than my traffic X pro,my traffic 2013 etc...  

I am planning to buy it if its latest version of my traffic series

@invisibleknight

You find the most actual, most complete original version of MyTraffic here, sold by Simmarket, supported on the simflight forum (which is paid for by Simmarket).

But the market reach of Simmarket is limited. Aerosoft every 2-3 years licenses those parts of the contents that apply to consumers needs, and publishes this on DVD and as download. MyTraffic 2013 is a good part of the MyTraffic 5.4a code as we call it here. Aerosoft will come out with a new version, based on MyTraffic 6, later.

@gondwana

Managing scenery is done from with the simulators, there is a dialog "scenery" from the "world" Menu if I remember correctly the names. Scenery should only be added or modified through this dialog.

@invisibleknight

You find the most actual, most complete original version of MyTraffic here, sold by Simmarket, supported on the simflight forum (which is paid for by Simmarket).

But the market reach of Simmarket is limited. Aerosoft every 2-3 years licenses those parts of the contents that apply to consumers needs, and publishes this on DVD and as download. MyTraffic 2013 is a good part of the MyTraffic 5.4a code as we call it here. Aerosoft will come out with a new version, based on MyTraffic 6, later.

@gondwana

Managing scenery is done from with the simulators, there is a dialog "scenery" from the "world" Menu if I remember correctly the names. Scenery should only be added or modified through this dialog.

Thanks for the info. If i buy traffic 6 will it be fully compatible with my FSX SE version. if so i'll go ahead and buy it.

Hi,

i bought V6 today. 

Installation was fine til i add it to the Scenery. 

The error message 

Scenery.cfg file error. Local sccenery directory (..\..\..\..\..\MyTraffic 

Professional}\MyTraffic\Scenery) in scenery Area.202 not found. Click to continue. 

How do i get rid of that 

Then i started FSX and no Traffic at all. I readed the manual and did exactly what u described, 

My traffic x i had installed before worked fine.

I just noticed as i installed MTX last week, there was a batch process running adding a lot planes. This is not the case with this version. 

thanks

Mike

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6="D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

This is excellent news Burkhard, I will finally have some traffic in my skies for P3D. I have one question regarding installation.

I also have another PC with FSX steam edition running, Do i need to purchase two versions or would one be ok ( obviously not running at the same time)

Kind regards

Darran

Mike,

Scenery.cfg file error. Local sccenery directory (..\..\..\..\..\MyTraffic 

Professional}\MyTraffic\Scenery) in scenery Area.202 not found. Click to continue.

You don't need to include the scenery folder in the path. Mine reads...

C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

Hi Burkhard,

i have an issue meanwhile the installation of MyTraffic 6.

All works fine until I want to add it to the scenery library. There is no MyTraffic folder in the FSX main folder to add. I followed the instructions step by step.

The communicator knows the positions of the MyTraffic main folder and of the FSX main folder.

The fsx.cfg contains the SimObjectPaths.6="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" entry.

Administrator rights are available for all locations.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The FSX Professional (German Edition) SP2 is located in C:\FSX folder.

Regards

Christian

Ok, was a wrong link (i pointed to D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic), because i have no mytraffic folder in my FSX MAIN location. 

That is wrong, or? If i point to there ( Scenery Bibliothek) D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic i got this message and no traffic

Bought V6 yesterday and am delighted at the quality and fps friendly rate. I do have a problem though and that is with the best priority listing in the scenery library. I am using P3D v2.5 and as such we have no Addon entry in the scenery library. The manual suggests somewhere between Addons and Propellor. I wanted to check out the new (as advertised by MT) Doha airport, but when i went there it was completely covered in buildings and trees. I had placed MT6 towards the bottom of the scenery library just above Prop. I have many FTX orbx products but have also FTX Global replacement ground texture. I then moved MT6 above FTX Global in the library and got a view of the airport, but still seems to be an elevation problem as grass and parts of buildings seep thru the runway. If I go any higher in the library I am concerned it is going to effect other addon scenery I have.

I also ask if it is going to be required for me to remove from MT6 any duplicate AF2 and BR2 bgls from MT\scenery that I have already existing afcad type bgls for with other products so that there is not a clash. Example being UK2000 VFR volumes 1,2 & 3. UK2000 Birmingham and Bristol Extreme, FTX ORBX airports in Australia & North America, New Zealand, Scotland & Ireland.

I appreciate you are a busy man but would be most grateful for a response to my questions. Many thanks

Ok, was a wrong link (i pointed to the wrong location), because i have no mytraffic folder in my FSX MAIN location. Why?

I have the same problem, no My Traffic folder in the FSX main folder.  I ran the communicator and pointed to the FSX main folder and clicked OK but nothing happened.  The communicator didn't process anything.  I also restarted the computer and tried again.  I then ran the repair function on the installer and repeated the process. Still no folder.  The manage FSX.cfg function did work though.  I also turned off Microsoft Security Essentials.   Using Win 7.

If you read the installation instructions, you will read that MyTraffic 6, contrary to MyTraffic 5, does not reside inside the simulator structure, but on a location that you have chosen during installation. This answers why you do no longer find a MyTraffic folder under FSX or P3D.

A typical location for MyTraffic folder now is as Motormike has:

D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

But that is what you have chosen during installation.

Now, when you add the scenery folder, that is exactly the same: D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic in this example - since a scenery folder for FSX and P3D is any folder that contains a subfolder \scenery . So under FSX or P3D, if you get a message that the scenery cannot be found, either remove it from the scenery library dialog, and add it again, or edit the files "C:\users\all users\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg" (resp the files for P3D) and correct the entry for MyTraffic to point to the correct path. 

@jjaycee Please open another thread for this, since this is a very specific question, which other addons do you have installed, especially any terrain addons, mesh sceneries etc?

I do that, but no traffic 

No batch process is started and my locations are right. 

D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

I tried now to edit the cfg u mentioned from hand, i can write but not safe there. 

I gave me full ownership about this file., but it tink WIndows hates me

This is written inside the cfg. I reinstalled and tried it a few times, also repair

[Area.204]
Title=MyTraffic
Local=..\..\..\..\..\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=201

If i try to save it changed like this 

[Area.204]
Title=MyTraffic
Local=d:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=201

I cant save there

Thank you Burkhard for your help.

Sorry, I didn't quite understand what I read regarding the absence of the folder in FSX.  It now works.  Part of my problem is the illustration screenshot in the MyTraffic 6 Installation Guide found in the MyTraffic Communicator shows the MyTraffic folder located within the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.  I have problems reading, so I tend to look at pictures to figure things out. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how to I disable moving jetways?  I go to configure MyTraffic option and the only selection I get is localize MyTraffic.  I'm using Prepar3D 2.5.

Great traffic programme..just one point I have traffic at most airports EGLL etc. but no traffic at TNCM Princess Julianna? I guess its not supported so I want to add traffic to this airport, Is there a file I can download with all the traffic on for this airport or do I have to add all be hand....

I can't get it working in P3D 2.5.  Followed the instructions word for word and added it in the scenery library but no aircraft show up in the Sim. Well the default traffic does :(

Windows 7 user.

Help

Pete

I have installed MyTraffic 6 and have traffic at all expected airports except TNCM with Fly Tampa scenery. Are there any scheduled flights to this airport? and how do I add them in?

I am using Prepar3D 2.5