The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6 released

@por930: Below 50%, all traffic is based on real world data. Above 50%, additional flights arer added which may not exist in real world.

About the airline-gate association, while I cannot check what exactly happens since I do not have this airport, for FSX not only the code, but also the parking radius counts - befor putting a right 737 into a 23m gate of an airline, FSX prefers to place a wrong 757 to use it, but this should be checked in aseperate thread, if you consider this important please show us what exactly happens, with 5000 types on 8000 airports I cannot tell without detailed information, and the white VA vs red VA also does not help, so better give as details if you refer to Embraers or which 737 etc... Optimisation of a single airport for AI traffic can be many hours of work easily...

...ich habe administratorrechte,habe nochmals alles runtergeladen ohne viruswächter,wieder die gleiche Meldung...

Dann fällt mir im Moment nichts ein, ausser eventuell eine Version zu zippen und von Hand zu installieren...

@jamesboy:

Under the assumption that you installed MyTraffic to C:\MyTraffic Professional\ as it does by default, the entry in fsx.cfg should be C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\aircraft, for the scenery C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic.

There is no folder under the sim any longer, unless you decide so during installation.

If this isn't enough information, please start an own topic and show us the files MyTraffic\folders.txt and the relevant parts of FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg that you get from the communicator.

Burkhard, could I ask you to look at my question #19?  I thought to bring this up, since I was concerned that my post could become lost of focus after so many new posts. Thank you!

Hi Burkhard,

I have two questions about MyTraffic6: Is it true that the user can no longer use the "simplified" models as in MT5.4 to save FPS?  In another thread, you stated that the new version only includes the wide screen format of the models. Does that mean that if you still use a 5:4 or 4:3 format screen, you should expect visual distortions of the models?

Yes, this is true, since on hardware built 2008 or later there is enough graphics power for models, the limiting factor is tracking of the aircraft.

There are no distortions. The only difference between the old high res und wide screen models was the following:

Most aircraft models contain 8 different models,the highest resolution models are displayed when they are big on screen, the very simple most simple ones when they are tiny, 2 pixels or less.

Now the high resolution models changed at 200,100,50,25,12 pixel size, the wide screen ones at 140,70,35... pixel size, to get rid of effects that the models got too simple when still good visible.  

Hi Burkhard,

i have an issue meanwhile the installation of MyTraffic 6.

All works fine until I want to add it to the scenery library. There is no MyTraffic folder in the FSX main folder to add. I followed the instructions step by step.

The communicator knows the positions of the MyTraffic main folder and of the FSX main folder.

The fsx.cfg contains the SimObjectPaths.6="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" entry.

Administrator rights are available for all locations.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The FSX Professional (German Edition) SP2 is located in C:\FSX folder.

Regards

Christian

Hi Christian, do you have any answer to this, I have the same problem?

Browse to the Mytraffic Folder, in this case to C:\MyTraffic Professional\Mytraffic. The Image in the Manual my be a bit misleading.

Hi, I have a problem with the Traffic Professional. Yesterday, I bought the latest version of the 6. I installed the program, but does not work. I have a doubt: it is the first time I buy My Traffic, maybe it does not work because I do not have previous versions (My Traffic 2013). Please help

You do not Need any previous Version, MyTraffic 6 is a stand alone product.

Did you follow the instructions in the Installation readme?

Please open a new thread and send us the Contents of MyTraffic\Folders.txt ( only a few lines), so that we can see where you are,

Hi Burkhard,

Do you plan to update the documentation to 6.0? On the communicator, e.g. the Information for You takes you to the MyTraffic X Manual version 5.4a. which is different to 6.0. I was looking at removing and re-installing MT6, but can't see the removal process?

Ged

We can more or less exclude that removal and reinstallation of the software can make things better, but you can uninsatll MyTraffic x from the start menu.

And yes I have seen a few things wher the manual can be improved...

@donato MyTraffic 5.4c was an update to MyTraffic 5.4b, but MyTRaffic 6 is a completely new full installation package.

Hi Burkhard

Sorry, still I cannot fix my problem, I have done the installation step by step and still no folder either in P3D or any other simulator, my traffic is installed in my computer in C, I don't know what to do with this or what I am ding wrong, please help.

Orlando.

Burkhard, thanks so much for Version 6!  I have it running on FSX, FSX-SE and P3D 2.5 with no problems.  I read where you now say 50% gives you real-world airline traffic?  It was about 25-30%.

@orolamca:

In the installation guide, you can read:

The next dialog lets you chose where to install MyTraffic. Since it is an addon to several flight simulators, it should no longer reside inside the structure of any flight sim, but be on a place for its own. 

So, there isno MyTraffic folder usually in any sim, but there is a folder in your case again a assume C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic - this is the MyTraffic folder all your actions should use, including the addition of the scenery. 

@SirPres:

I tried to use a larger dynamic range, but since this is averaged over the world, the optimal settings may vary. What was and is correct, is that all airliners flights below 50% traffic density are based on real world data, while those above 50% are added by the autoschedule mechanism. Now there are airports which are almost full with the real world data, so these will be full at 50% - others data only fill them to a few % - so really find the density that fits your hardware and your wishes and the area of the world best - since many involved algorithms changed just don't wonder if this is different to the value you found for MyTraffic 5.

Sorry to bother you.  These are the steps I have taken to install the program.

1. My Traffic Communicator - "Configure My Traffic" - "Localize My Traffic" - "OK"

2. My Traffic Communicator - "Manage FSX" - "Localize FSX" - "OK"

3. Restart My Traffic Communicator

4. My Traffic Communicator - "Manage FSX" - "Manage FSX.cfg""

5. GREEN BUTTON "Add My Traffic"  RED BUTTON "Save and Close"

6. Start FSX:SE - "Settings" - "Scenery Library" - "Add Scenery"  Navigate to folder located on the D: drive "My Traffic Professional v6" - Selected "My Traffic" Clicked "OK"  "Right Clicked" on an open area

7.  Moved "My Traffic" down so that it fits in between "add on scenery" and "propeller objects" 

8. Select "ok"

Get the error message that /.../.../...121 scenery not found

I have deleted the program and all of the folders twice.  I got the same results both times.

Would you please help me.

Thank you very much!

@tad

It Looks like FSX cannot handle so many back junps in the scenery folder Name, that comes from the way steam installs deep inside the steam structure. Therefore do the following:

Edit the file c:\users\all users\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg and locate the path for MyTraffic, which might be

local=..\..\..\..\..\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

Change this path to the full path, which might mean

local=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

if you installed there, or maybe another drive letter, and that should solve the issue.

@tad

It Looks like FSX cannot handle so many back junps in the scenery folder Name, that comes from the way steam installs deep inside the steam structure. Therefore do the following:

Edit the file c:\users\all users\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg and locate the path for MyTraffic, which might be

if you installed there, or maybe another drive letter, and that should solve the issue.

Thank you very much.  It is working properly.  However, I do have a problem with my audio.  It is "chopped up" and "distorted".  Did I miss something in the installation process???

Thanks again!

Hi

Thanks for a great traffic program. But I have a couple off questions:

1. How do I remove default traffic? I have default traffic mixed with traffic from "My Traffic6"

2. I think I have to much traffic. How do I resolved that? I have put my traffic sliders in P3D to 40% both on commercial and privat traffic, but I don't seem to get any less traffic  :???:

1. Either use the Communicator, or rename scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl .passive.

Many users who prefer to fly themselves use 25% -30%, while spotters love 60-90%.

@tad

Not always so,in my case the scenery config file was in C:\ProgamData\Micrososoft\FSX so it's worth checking. Thankfully after modifying it FSX finally recognised the required scenery file,so got there in the end !

C:\ProgamData\Micrososoft\FSX is the same folder as  c:\users\all users\Microsoft\FSX if I understand right, have to test this.