The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6 Installation Guide Update

Hello to you all,

I have read the Forum and the reviews. I had some doubts to buy it or not. A lot of negative reviews. Searching on Google, made me certain to purchase it and would see if I face these mentioned problems too. On Google most of the people advides to choose for MyTraffic, whic I did.

And!!! It took me less than 30 minutes to install it. Follow the installation and setup advise and it worked right away.

So as said. READ THE MANUAL and it would be installed before your cup of caffee is empty.

Good luck,
Ed

OK, die Sache hat sich dann erledigt!

Es lag daran, dass ich irgendwann mal WOAI installiert hatte. Habe die BGL-Dateien gelöscht, und schon geht es!

Edited by Headi

Hello.  I'm new to the forum, and new to My Traffic Professional.  I'm running FSX-SE on Windows 7, and have followed the instructions to the letter, including changing the scenery.cfg file entry to the correct directory.  I've struggled at nearly every stage, because I don't think the instructions are clear enough for those who aren't very computer literate, like myself.  However, I've now got to the stage where I'm adding the scenery within the FSX settings tab, I see 'C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic' in the directory box, and 'MyTraffic' in the scenery area title box, but when I click ok, all it does is open the next sub-folder.  If I then click on any of the sub-folders, I recieve a message - 'no items match your search'.  I'm then forced to cancel the operation, and no scenery is added. I'm at a loss as to what to do next.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had the DVD version previously installed, however I've uninstalled this and cleaned up the registry.

Hello. I'm new to the forum, and new to My Traffic Professional. I'm running FSX-SE on Windows 7, and have followed the instructions to the letter, including changing the scenery.cfg file entry to the correct directory. I've struggled at nearly every stage, because I don't think the instructions are clear enough for those who aren't very computer literate, like myself. However, I've now got to the stage where I'm adding the scenery within the FSX settings tab, I see 'C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic' in the directory box, and 'MyTraffic' in the scenery area title box, but when I click ok, all it does is open the next sub-folder. If I then click on any of the sub-folders, I recieve a message - 'no items match your search'. I'm then forced to cancel the operation, and no scenery is added. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had the DVD version previously installed, however I've uninstalled this and cleaned up the registry.

This is exactly what happened to my installation (and I did READ THE MANUAL). Eventually I edited the scenery.cfg file manually and it worked, but it's a real pain to have to do that along with all the other steps etc. but, it is working now. The only part I haven't figured out is how to add the voices, or more specifically, where to find the file from Editvoicepack referred to above?

David.

This is exactly what happened to my installation (and I did READ THE MANUAL). Eventually I edited the scenery.cfg file manually and it worked, but it's a real pain to have to do that along with all the other steps etc. but, it is working now. The only part I haven't figured out is how to add the voices, or more specifically, where to find the file from Editvoicepack referred to above?

David.

I also did 'READ THE MANUAL'! What do you mean by editing the scenery.cfg file manually?? It opened as a .txt file and I edited the file path as suggested, but it wouldn't let me save it. I had to copy and paste the whole lot of text into a fresh .txt file, make the changes then and replace the existing file saving with a .cfg extension. Still won't work. Been on this for days and days now and getting very fed up. I can't believe there isn't an installer which can sort this, like most add on software. So far feel like it's been an expensive waste of time and money...

I am in your side amadams916, the "read the manual" reference referred to another poster further up who implied I hadn't read it, not you.

The instructions are as clear as mud and that last step where it's supposed to "save" didn't for me either. I opened the scenery.cfg file in a text editor and inserted the entry myself. I'm used to doing this kind of thing as I was a beta tester for FSX originally and ran an FS website for many years. So I'm not a dummy where this stuff is concerned.

I agree, the traffic should just install, like Project AI traffic used to do, adding a line in the scenery file can be automated.

Hope you get it working soon, I feel your pain!

David

I am in your side amadams916, the "read the manual" reference referred to another poster further up who implied I hadn't read it, not you.

The instructions are as clear as mud and that last step where it's supposed to "save" didn't for me either. I opened the scenery.cfg file in a text editor and inserted the entry myself. I'm used to doing this kind of thing as I was a beta tester for FSX originally and ran an FS website for many years. So I'm not a dummy where this stuff is concerned.

I agree, the traffic should just install, like Project AI traffic used to do, adding a line in the scenery file can be automated.

Hope you get it working soon, I feel your pain!

David

It's ok, I realise it was about the other post - so was mine. Reading my post back, I realise it didn't come across well! Anyway, when I tried to save it after making the changes I got a message about not having permission to change the file. As far as I know I am the only user of the PC so believe I have administrator rights. Once you were able to edit and save the scenery.cfg file, did it work?

Unfortunately, FSX and FSX SE are neither fully compatible to Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 when it come to the dialogs.

The trick is the following: When you select any scenery folder and click "add", it opens instead of adding it. NOW: Click into that window onto an empty space, and it will close by magic and the scenery gets added.

Unfortunately, FSX and FSX SE are neither fully compatible to Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 when it come to the dialogs.

The trick is the following: When you select any scenery folder and click "add", it opens instead of adding it. NOW: Click into that window onto an empty space, and it will close by magic and the scenery gets added.

This add-on must be the most frustrating I've ever known for ANY program ever!  At every stage I've had problems.  I've clicked on an empty space, which adds My Traffic as a scenery.  However when I exit this screen I now get a message which reads  'SCENERY.CFG File Error. Invalid Remote Scenery Path  in scenery Aea 122.'

I am really fed up now.  Have had this for weeks and haven't been able to get it to run.  Has anyone successfully asked for their money back??

Hi,

Firsty thank you for a great product, long over due to have a updated AI program ... and I found installation guide easy to understand and have MyTraffic 6 runing with no problems...

Anyone having problems, I would really read the guide back to front twice and then again.. thats what i did..

Thanks     

I don't know, why do I? I'm not supposed to know the inner workings of game software and programming, I'm just a customer trying to make your product work. I didnt know there was a difference between FSX and FSX: Steam Edition until I started this process. As I said, I only just came back to the hobby. I'm not sure I like where it's gone since I've been away.

Anyway, as I've said, my install of MyTaffic is now working, but it did take a lot of effort and rereading over of your instructions. I repectfully recommend that in light of me not being the only one that had had issues (and I do know something about flightsim) that you reword your instruction manual and mention some of the problems that may occur during install. You're obviously well aware of them and know how to work around them. So, just tell people so they know what to do. That's all.

@amadams916

I assume that your problem is that the file

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg contains a correct string, that FSX SE cannot read. Edit this file using Notepad, you will see that under MyTraffic there is an entry 

local=..\..\..\..\..\Mytraffic Professional\MyTraffic

Change this to  ( x now stands for the drive where you installed MyTraffic , so maybe C or D )

local=x:\Mytraffic Professional\MyTraffic

Best place for this is the BIN ... never seen such a messed up install of any payware .. what a waste of money 

Like thay say...99% of PC issues are sitting in front of the keyboard.

Hello,

Just purchased MyTraffic Professional and installed as directed my the installtion guide. Everything seems to go ok until i tried to add teh scenery to the scenery file within FSX.  FSX appears not to like me selecting D;\MyTraffic directory.... Help!

Jim

Hi all!

I'd like to purchase mytraffic 6, since my traffic 2013 is outdated and there aren't plans for updates in the near future.

Just 2 questions:

- shall i uninstall mytraffic 2013 befor installing MT6?

- the future schedules/liveries updates will be free, or i will have to pay for them?

Thx in advance

Hello, im having troule with my MyTraffic6 installation.I have tried all the installation steps and once i locate the mytraffic6 location path and also my FSX Steam edition location, once i try to click on manage FSX.cfg i get an error saying FSX config file not found. I tried doing a work around to find it by going to the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and snatch the FSX.cfg file and copy it to the steam fsx location, i still get that same error code. Im just frutrated on how annoying this installation is and to know tht i paid nerly 34 US dollars for something that doesnt work is frustrating. I have considered the options of manually installing the files but is too much work, i dont deserve that, i paid for it, i expect great results. Is there any way i can go around this error or the program has a very bad installation proced? :mad:

FSX SE has to be treated different depending on if you have FSX from DVD installed prior.

If you did not have installed FSX DVD, FSX SE represents itseld as FSX. If you had it, it calls itself FSX-SE. So depending on this, you manage it for MyTraffic as FSX repectively as FSX-SE - same from the communicator, Like all other developpers, I find this an absolute chaos created by Steam, but cannot change this - this is a design decision of the Steam team.

If this does not help, please show us your file MyTraffic\Folders.txt - mine looks like

D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
D:\anwendungen\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

so you see the pathes of the flight simulators there, not the pathes to the profiles.

I just downloaded MyTraffic 6.0a as I had installed the previous 6.0 before and running fine. Just to make sure I have to uninstall the previous version completely before installing the new version right ?

The installer requires that you uninstall before you install new, something Windows requires if you register a product.

Hi I'm relatively new to Steam FSX but an old hand with FSX boxed edition. I am running Windows 7 home edition on a i7 powered computer with loads of Ram and Disc space and nVidea GTX 180 card. I have a completely clean installation with only FSX SE edition installed.  I purchased  My Traffic 6 because it came under the heading of FSX SE applications.  Accordingly, I expected it to work "straight from the box" like most other software.  I have been hugely disappointed and spent many frustrating hours trying to get it to work.  I took note of others and read the installation manual fully.  I then read the amendments to the manual on this forum by the author. I tried again several times.  I'm going through it again for this post.  Step by step.

I downloaded the msi package unzipped it and ran the installer - Installed to C:\MyTraffic Professional\ - success.

I launch the program from the information box by clicking "Finish" - Success.

Clicking on "Configure my Traffic, I select "Localise My Traffic) and I select "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic" and click OK - "settings saved" is the message.  Success.

Adhering to your instructions for installations with only Steam Edition installed I select "Manage FSX" button and then "Localise FSX" which Is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" and save the settings.  Success.

I then move to the "Manage FSX Steam Edition Tab as the tabs in "Manage FSX just bring up error messages: "FSX config file not found"  "Has FSX SDK been installed? etc.  I figure this is the way to go.

Having already localised the FSX SE installation through the other tab, I click on "manage fsx.config" and am presented with the Editor Box showing "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic" and the long list of entries.  - I've pasted these below this post.

Then I click the green button "Add My Traffic" then the red one "Save and Close".  I'm taken back to the main interface and yet again see the message in red background beneath the menu bar "TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied !"

I open the app FSX Steam Edition, and select the scenery library in settings.  Nothing new so I click "add area" and add the path "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic"  My Traffic appears at the top of the scenery area in FSX SE scenery library, so iI click "OK"  I then get a string pf error messages "SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory)..\..\..\..\..\MyTraffic\SCENERY) in scenery Area.179 not found.  Click OK to continue."  FSX SE then builds the database.

Running FSX SE I get error message about the missing scenery again and end up removing the area from the scenery library.  And getting more frustrated at what should be a simple task.

Can you help me please?

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693751040
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693751040
D3D10=0
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=1
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=1
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
[sOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
SOUND_FADER1=0.500000
SOUND_FADER2=0.500000
SOUND_FADER3=0.500000
SOUND_FADER4=0.500000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX02
PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=1
UISound=1
AmbientUI=1
[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=160
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0
WideViewAspect=False
[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\My Traffic 6.0\Aircraft"
SimObjectPaths.7="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
SimObjectPaths.7="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\My Traffic 6.0\Aircraft"
SimObjectPaths.7="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\My Traffic 6.0\Aircraft"
ProcSpeed=9708
PerfBucket=7
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
Location=444,138,1476,904,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=2
[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0
[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=2
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680.0]
Mode=1024x768x32
[AccelerationPack]
ControlsFirstRun=0
HomePageFirstRun=0
[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
force_master_gain=10000
force_stick_force_enabled=1
force_stick_shaker_enabled=1
force_gear_bump_enabled=1
force_crash_enabled=1
force_ground_bumps_enabled=1
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64
[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4
[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4
[slewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
[slewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
[slewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
[Trusted]
Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.ctcorzqobakrtwehebailhrobiuutoziwezocuol=1
[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000
[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=1
[uSERINTERFACE]
PageID=6
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM
Map_Orientation=2
OpenATCOnCreate=0
[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=0
[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0
[sCENERY]
LENSFLARE=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=20
GADensity=20
FreewayDensity=20
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40
LeisureBoatsDensity=40
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=75
MESH_RESOLUTION=20
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=7
[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000
[iNTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=1
MEASURE=0
[REALISM]
PFactor=0.000000
Torque=0.000000
GyroEffect=0.000000
CrashTolerance=0.000000
General=0.000000
UnlimitedFuel=True
AllowEngineDamage=False
TrueAirspeed=False
AutoCoord=False
RealMixture=False
StressDamage=False
GEffect=False
ManualLights=False
GyroDrift=False
CrashWithDyn=False
CrashDetection=False
AutoTrim=False
[sIM]
SYSCLOCK=1
[sTARTUP]
DEMO=0
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=
LoadWindow=1
[FACILITIES]
COUNTRY=
STATE=
CITY=
GTL_BUTTON=4096
[Misc]
Com_Rate=7
[MULTIPLAYER]
condAccoutPassword=0

In continuation of my previous post I have noted that at the end of your special instruction for Steam users you write: "C:\users\all users\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg (resp. C:\users\all users\FSX\scenery.cfg if the only install) and for the MyTraffic entry enter local= C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic".  However I don't have that particular path on my system.  Is there another path?