The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6 Installation Guide Update

You definitvely have not followed the installation instructions.

SimObjectPaths.6="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\My Traffic 6.0\Aircraft" cannot be created by the communicator when MyTraffic is installed to "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic - you must have created this entry by another way.

I recommend you delete that line completely.

The next line is fine, 

SimObjectPaths.7="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" and that must have been created by the communicator.

I recommend you keep that line, just change it to (You removed the entry for the 6)

SimObjectPaths.6="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Then the following lines I cannot tell you from where they come, just delete them, so that that part of FSX.cfg looks the following:

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
ProcSpeed=9708
PerfBucket=7
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
Location=444,138,1476,904,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=2

Now on scenery,cfg, that is known bug of FSX SE. How to fix this is explained in detail in the installation instruction.

If you do not have that path then FSX SE is not installed. You may not see it, because you have chosen not to see hidden files.

You always can go there by using the run.. dialog of the start menu.

Now paste into there C:\users\all users\Microsoft and press OK, you will see if you have an FSX folder or an FSX-SE folder.

I had no idea what i did wrong

I never got error note such as /..../.../........etc

1. My Traffic Communicator - "Configure My Traffic" - "Localize My Traffic" - "OK"

2. My Traffic Communicator - "Manage FSX" - "Localize FSX" - "OK"

3. Restart My Traffic Communicator

4. My Traffic Communicator - "Manage FSX" - "Manage FSX.cfg""

5. GREEN BUTTON "Add My Traffic"  RED BUTTON "Save and Close"

6. Start FSX:SE - "Settings" - "Scenery Library" - "Add Scenery"  Navigate to folder located on the D: drive "My Traffic Professional v6" - Selected "My Traffic" Clicked "OK"  "Right Clicked" on an open area

7.  Moved "My Traffic" down so that it fits in between "add on scenery" and "propeller objects" 

this is the folder.txt

F:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

and I see the scenery.cfg there nothing about Mytraffic
so I follow most of the thing I read for this wholeday.

so if there is any kindness,I would like to say thank you in advance for helping

Which scenery,cfg do you refer to? The one that is used is in the all users section of the profiles, the one in the FSX folder is only used for repair purposes? Or do you have one in your user profile, themn it gets really complex?

Hello, i follow all the step of the new installer manual but when i add the scenary, a error message appear : "scenary.cfg file error. Local scenary directory (..\..\..\..\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\SCENARY) in scenary Area.148 not found. Click OK to continue."

My MyTraffic is in D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

FSX:SE is in D:\SteamApps\Common\FSX

Really need your help i spend a week to try...

Thanks in advance, Thomas.

@Thomas

From the Installation Manual:

What remains is that FSX has problemes to open scenery pathes that contain too many ..\, so when you add C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic as scenery using the scenery library tool inside of FSX SE, some users report that they get scenery not found messages. In this case, edit the file C:\users\all users\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg (resp. C:\users\all users\FSX\scenery.cfg if the only install) and for the MyTraffic entry replace the line

local= ..\..\..\..\..\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

by the line

local= C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

if you installed MyTraffic there, otherwise the exact path of the MyTraffic main Folder.

i have problem all installed  but no aircraft showing   cfg sce ok      if i go interactive  i can get planes working at airport im at   but when close interactive all gone   whats going on please help me step by step pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Hi there

I'm having real issues installing My Traffic 6. When I initially installed it I was getting the error message about scenery.cfg file so uninstalled it all to try again, now I'm getting an error message within the communicator that reads 'FSX config file not found' whenever I click on the Manage FSX tab.

I 'm running FSX:SE only on a brand new machine and FSX is running absolutely fine. I'm not too confident when it comes to messing about with the inner workings of FSX's files so any help would be great. As I hope you can imagine as I've spent £35 on this addon which at the moment doesn't work and with no refund option I'm a little frustrated with the whole install process.

Thanks 

Delete the files MyTraffic\folders.txt and localize MyTraffic FSX again than - my impression is it still is looking at the old location.

Hi, I have just purchased MT6 from Simmarket at 50% discount (been waiting for ages for this to happen!) and I thought it might be useful to others to hear of my experience of the install process. Firstly, as suggested by others I read the manual from end to end 3 times before I installed it. I did successfully install it but there are a couple of points that need to be clarified.

1) The manual states "MyTraffic 6 now comes as an MSI package, with file name MyTraffic Professional.msi."  It doesn't, mine came as a .zip file within which is contained the .msi installer, now it may be obvious to most of us that the zip file needs to be unzipped first but there may be some out there who don't realise this and try to execute the .msi from within the .zip file, this will not work it must be unzipped first.

2) Everything with the installation went fine until I got to page 4 of the manual where we get to the "Manage FSX.cfg" section. After pressing the green button "Add My Traffic"  I found that I had got 2 SimObjectPaths.7 entries, one from an install of another app and the other being MyTraffic\Aircraft, it read as follows (except that the two number 7 entries were the other way round) :-

SimObjectPaths.6=E:\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.7="D:\My Traffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" 

It seems that the communicator is programmed to assign the number 7 irrespective of whatever else is in there. I had therefore to manually correct the entries so that they read correctly i.e. :-

SimObjectPaths.6=E:\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.8="D:\My Traffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" 

This section of the manual on page 8:-

" If another add on had installed its objects, the number may have to be bigger, they must be consecutive.
With Acceleration installed, the entry will most probably read :
SimObjectPaths.7="D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" "

I think it should be edited to make it absolutely clear that duplicate SimObjectPaths numbers are not allowed and if there are duplications then the file must be edited manually. I think the communicator really should be able to assign the next available number automatically.

Apart from that everything went fine and the programme is now working fine.

Hope this may be of some help to others.

Edited by EasyPC

I'm having issues installing My Traffic 6. I'm getting an error message within the communicator that reads 'FSX config file not found' whenever I click on the Manage FSX tab.

I'm running FSX:SE only.  I've researched in the forum and have seen only one response from Burkhard " Delete the files MyTraffic\folders.txt and localize MyTraffic FSX again
than - my impression is it still is looking at the old location".  This did not work for me.  Any help is appreciated.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 2:32 PM, Burkhard said:

The trick is the following: When you select any scenery folder and click "add", it opens instead of adding it. NOW: Click into that window onto an empty space, and it will close by magic and the scenery gets added.

*This* is the magic, missing piece I couldn't figure out.  *Please* add this to the documentation.  Only after doing this did FSX:SE load the scenery and make the .cfg file.  Once that happened, *then* I was able to mod the .cfg file with the correct My Traffic directory.

That said, I recommend the following additions to the Installation Walkthrough:

#1.  The bit quoted above, in which you explain how to add the scenery within FSX when selecting the My Traffic folder gives you nothing.

#2.  How to find the correct .cfg file.

As it happens, I'm an airline pilot (who's recovering from surgery and wants to use FSX to keep up my scan).  After getting the traffic to work, I flew around La Guardia and Kennedy in a Jet Ranger.  All the jets were parked at all the right terminals, and I had fun watching one of my company's airplanes land and taxi to the gate.  One thing, though: FSX's KJFK model includes terminals that have been demolished and lacks the new Terminal 4.  Assuming I can find an updated airport to download somewhere, will it work with My Traffic's presumably outdated models and gate assignments?

Only issue I have is I  can't figure out how to change the slider values to get more airline traffic and less general aviation traffic.  I don't even know if that's possible

Edited by coolkirk1701
problem fixed