The simFlight Network Forums

Reinstallation FSUIPC4.ini

Hi Pete,

After years of flying PMDG 737-800 with 100% FSUIPC4, FSX crashed and the Fatal Error was not to recover.

So, I am building all-together again from scratch.

I had to install FSUIPC4 Pro again and I did hope that I could easily replace the FSUIPC4.ini from my backup again into 'modules'.

I unchecked the box 'Controls Enable' in FSX

But, that does not work.

What to do?

Frans

I had to install FSUIPC4 Pro again and I did hope that I could easily replace the FSUIPC4.ini from my backup again into 'modules'.

Yes, that's fine. Best always to have a backup.

I unchecked the box 'Controls Enable' in FSX
But, that does not work.

Er, FSX won't let you disable controllers? Sounds like a corrupted FS install. Sorry, not sure what this has to do with FSUIPC?

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks so far!

I did uninstall and install FSX and PMDG 737NGX again.
The problem is that if I set back the FSUIPC.ini file the FSX stays in control despite I unchecked the 'Enable Controller(s)' box in Settings - Controls.
Even if I delete the key mapping file standard.xml, there is a complete new one after exit FSX.
Sounds that familiar to you? Drives me crazy.

Frans

The problem is that if I set back the FSUIPC.ini file the FSX stays in control despite I unchecked the 'Enable Controller(s)' box in Settings - Controls.

Even if I delete the key mapping file standard.xml, there is a complete new one after exit FSX.

Sounds that familiar to you?

No, not at all familiar.  It is always possible to disable controllers in the FSX control assignments dialogue. Are you sure it s set correctly, or are you saying it won't change no matter how you click it?

FSUIPC's INI file is not at all relevant, it is nothing to do with what FS itself is doing.

Pete