The simFlight Network Forums

several client with wideclient ?

Hello, I have one main pc and 2 pc customers
I can connect but only one master with wideclient
Is it possible to connect the two secondary pcs to main pc?
I get the error always appears

same program or class already running (FS98MAIN)

sorry for the translator

summary

master pc ---   pc client   no problem

master pc---- pc client 1 -- no problem

pc  client 2--  error  "same program or class already running

thank you

Hello, I have one main pc and 2 pc customers

I can connect but only one master with wideclient

Is it possible to connect the two secondary pcs to main pc?

I get the error always appears

same program or class already running (FS98MAIN)

WideFS supports 1 server (running FS) and any number of clients. My own system has 8 client PCs connected simultaneously.

summary

master pc ---   pc client   no problem

master pc---- pc client 1 -- no problem

pc  client 2--  error  "same program or class already running

Your "PC Client 2" must have a version of FS (or already another copy of WideClient) running as well. That is the ONLY way that error can arise.  Do not run WideClient on a PC running FS.

Pete

thanks for responding, the problem is that I use wideview, for the cockpit

master pc  (prepar3d) fsuipc , prosim 373 ect.    ---- client 1 pc  (cockpit ) wideclient ,,,  no problem 

client 2 pc (prepar3d) , with wideview and wideclient                                                                                                  - problem

Is there any way to do it?

for example global real weather have a network brigde for the Connection.

thank you 

Angel Perez

Edited by angelvilla

thanks for responding, the problem is that I use wideview, for the cockpit

master pc  (prepar3d) fsuipc , prosim 373 ect.    ---- client 1 pc  (cockpit ) wideclient ,,,  no problem 

client 2 pc (prepar3d) , with wideview and wideclient                                                                                                  - problem

Is there any way to do it?

If it were possible, and assuming the reason you want WideClient on PC2 is to run some FSUIPC client application, how would your FSUIPC application know which "FS98MAIN" class Window to connect to? The whole reason it is not allowed is to avoid that problem.

You CAN run WideClient on the same PC as FS, or multiple copies of WideClient infact, by changing the INI file parameter "ClassInstance=0" to some non-zero number. This changes the Class name, thus avoiding the conflict. I believe there are one or two FSUIPC applications which can be configured to deal with this, but hardly any.

However, you CAN run Lua plugins on such a WideClient, and it will also allow the ButtonScreen facility and joystic buttons and so on to be transmitted.

Pete