The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6 Installation not working - Checklist

Here comes a new check list for you in case MyTraffic does not work as it comes, after you followed the installation instructions. Please follow this list in this case, do not try to use the editor or to compile schedules - all such action cannot solve the problem, but makes identification impossible. If this list does not help, please open a topic in the MyTraffic folder for your question, and supply the information we ask for here. Do not put your individual question into this topic, only very general remarks that might help others.

Step One: The MyTraffic configuratio file MyTraffic\folders.txt in the folder where you installed MyTraffic.

After localization, this should contain the pathes to MyTraffic in the first line, followed by the pathes to FSX, Prepar3D V1, Prepar3D V2, FSX Steam edition, 

Mine as example looks like this:

D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
D:\anwendungen\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

Yours will be different. Please check that all the pathes are correct. The Communicator creates them automatically from the registry, but either the registry can be wrong, or you accidently changed them. If they are not correct, delete the file, start the communicator and do the localization again.

If you ask for help on the forum, please show us these 5 lines, so that we see where you have installed what software.

Step Two: The flight simulators configuration file.

Unfortunately things get more complex here, something we cannot do anything about.

For FSX, installed from a DVD, the configuration file opens (with notepad as example) when you paste the following line into the run... dialog of your start menu:

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

In there you find a section about simobjects, that typically looks like

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6="D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

where the path to MyTraffic is the first line from folders.txt. followed by \Aircraft.

If you have more simobject entries, then this is fine, they must be numbered consecutive, no number may appear twice.

If you have FSX Steam Edition installed an no FSX from DVD,  the configuration file opens (with notepad as example) when you paste the following line into the run... dialog of your start menu:

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

In there you find a section about simobjects, that typically looks like above.

If you have FSX Steam Edition installed in addition to FSX from DVD,  the configuration file opens (with notepad as example) when you paste the following line into the run... dialog of your start menu:

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX-SE.cfg

In there you find a section about simobjects, that typically looks like above.

If you have Prepar3D V1 installed,  the configuration file opens (with notepad as example) when you paste the following line into the run... dialog of your start menu:

%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.cfg

In there you find a section about simobjects, that typically looks like :

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Countermeasures
SimObjectPaths.9="D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

If you have Prepar3D V2 version 2.0 to 2.4 installed,  the configuration file opens (with notepad as example) when you paste the following line into the run... dialog of your start menu:

%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg

In there you find a section about simobjects, that typically looks like :

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Countermeasures

SimObjectPaths.9="D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

If you have Prepar3D V2 version 2.5 installed, the simobjects no longer are part of this config file, there is an extra file for them,  this opens (with notepad as example) when you paste the following line into the run... dialog of your start menu:

C:\users\all users\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simobjects.cfg

It has the typical form:

[Entry.0]
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
[Entry.1]
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
[Entry.2]
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
[Entry.3]
Path=SimObjects\Boats
[Entry.4]
Path=SimObjects\Animals
[Entry.5]
Path=SimObjects\Misc
[Entry.6]
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
[Entry.7]
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
[Entry.8]
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
[Entry.9]
Path="D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

If you ask for help on the forum, please supply the data that you see here, how they look on your system.

Step 3: Scenery configuration

All Sims use a file scenery.cfg to store the path to a scenery.

FSX: C:\users\all users\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

FSX-SE, and no FSX DVD unstalled:  C:\users\all users\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

FSX-SE installed in addition to FSX DVD:  C:\users\all users\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg

Prepar3D V1:  C:\users\all users\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\scenery.cfg

Prepar3D V2:  C:\users\all users\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\scenery.cfg

A typical entry is:

[Area.115]

Title=MyTraffic
Local=D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
Layer=115
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

If the path after local contains several back slashes of the form ..\..\..\..\..\, replace this by the drive letter that you find in folders.txt.

If you ask for help on the forum, please supply the data that you see here, how they look on your system.

If you passed here, and all looks OK, there are only five reasons known why MyTraffic does not show traffic:

1. it does not find the airplanes

2. it does not find the scenery

3. a scenery in incompatible format, made for FS8, has been installed.

4. The sliders for AI traffic density is set to Zero

5. You have online flying enabled, this replace AI traffic by your fellow pilots.

The three next posts deal how to check the first three items.

The sim does not find the airplanes.

Move a folder of a frequent aircraft, as example in MyTraffic\aircraft the folder B738MX, over to the sims folder simobjects\airplanes.

If you can see this aircraft now, we now we have to look why the sim does not find the airplanes.

The sim does not find the scenery.

Select, as your start location of a flight, the airbase ETAR. Do you get a choice of military parkings to place yourself? If not, then we know we have to look why the sim does not find the scenery.

A traffic bgl in FS8/FS9/ttools data format switches off FSX AI traffic.

Once FSX loads AI flights in the old data format, it is forced into this emulation mode and cannot display its own schedules.

Use MyTraffic Communicator, and for your sim select "search for traffic bgls". After a few minutes, an editor window will pop up and show you all files it finds under FSX that might be such traffic files. If there are files from WOAI, PAI or other obsolete traffic programms, delete them. If there are files in airport folders that contain traffic, traf, trf or similar in their file names, delete them or rename them to .bgl.traffic. If you are in doubt, ask us on the forum.

Another way to test for such ttools polution is the following, set yourseld to the airport SCIP - the most lonely place in FSX. If you see some MyTraffic aircraft there, then you know that incompatible files are your problem.

I also have the dilemma of not having any moving aircraft.  I appreciate the detailed instructions above, they really do provide some compensation for the lack of an up-to date manual.

I shifted all of the aircraft into sim objects and now they are being seen.

But I note the Communicator under Manage Prepar3D v2, lists manage dll.xml.  I show the contents of mine below.  It has no entry relating to My Traffic.  Should it have?  and what should it be? There is no launch instruction for My Traffic.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Migration Tool Plugin</Name>
    <Path>MigTool.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_YMML_P3D</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>F:\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>F:\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

There is no entry for MyTraffic in dll.xml - MyTraffic installs no own dll. Where did you find any reference in the MyTraffic manual to dll.xml but for the toolbox from the P3D SDK that you might want to use?

If you see the aircraft, then all is well. FSX AI traffic does not move immediately, it starts with ground operation, baggage loading, fueling the aircraft, so deoending on the aiport you are and the settings of ground vehicle traffic it takes 10-25 minutes until pushback. Set ground traffic to 0 to have it faster, medium setting make this slowest - it may be a single fuel truck has to cross all the airfield to fuel an aircraft.

After an earlier install, I uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled.

But in the simobjects portion of the P3D2.5 cfg -  as determined by the configurator, it gives me the old location of My Traffic,

[Entry.9]
Path="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Meanwhile I changed the path in the Appdata\...cfg to

[Entry.9]
Path="E:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

BUT each time I go back to Manage Prepared v2; Manage Simobjects etc v2.5 or higher it still shows the C Path, and will not accept a change even with Save and Exit.

It would seem that I have not been able to purge MyTraffic Pro 6 completely.  Is there some way I might be able to clean this problem up.

I had read the installation instructions, especially how to remove a previous version in the Manage Simobjects cfg.

However, reading the instructions more carefully, I carried out the steps in the correct sequence.

Now I have a fully functional installation.

Thank you.

Good to know. If you ever want to start the localization again from scratch, just delete the file MyTraffic\folders.txt.

Hello,

I just downloaded Mytaffic 6 for FSX standard today and I am having issues. I did all the steps but when I go to add scenery, I cannot find the file to add it. Please help if you could.  

Hello.

I have a problem during the installation MyTraffic 6, msi install works normally but  does not start MyTraffic_Communicator after installation finished

post-95513-0-26931200-1439677436.jpg

Discontinued the program !

My configuration:

windows 7 sp1,  FSX SE, FRamework installed

I do not know what the problem is, please need your help. 

Thanks

Text:

"Discontinued operation program.

A problem It led to closure of the program work. Close the program

down click bottom- close the program"

Big screenshot (click):

uil9rb98663g.jpg

Sorry russian windows, error massage russian language

I dont know what the problem, maybe russian windows 7 (rus+eng), but windows support english, latin and cyrillic.

NET Flamework 4.5 installed

Java 8 installed

I tried to change installation location  D C , main location FSX SE, it does not solve the problem

Edited by Alex Zotov

This happens as soon as you start the program?

Can you create a file in the MyTraffic folder, or copy a file into it?

After MyTraffic Professional.msi installed happy finish, should open configurate window, it does not occur, I'm trying to open MyTraffic_Communicator, I click on the Communicator button, and immediately get a error message

What is the decimal seperator in your operating system? All FSX addons based on the SDK require this to be a "." and not a "," - maybe this is a reason.

Good morning,

I cannot start my new "My Traffic" just installed yesterday on my computer (FSX SE on Windows 10).

On launching FSX, I have the following message:

Scenery.CFG file error:

"My Traffic Professional\My Traffic\Scenery,in scenery area.127 not found".

After uninstalling My Traffic, this message is still remaining....

In addition, I have noticed that there is no "My Traffic" file in the FSX directory, as it is shown in the installation manual.

Please, could you help me to complete correctly the installation.

Thanks a lot!

The message remains until you remove MyTraffic as scenery. 

To me it appears scenery.cfg contains a a line similar to (amby another drive letter):

Path=C:\My Traffic Professional\My Traffic\Scenery

it should be 

Path=C:\My Traffic Professional\My Traffic

only.

Good evening,

When I open FSX SE, error message:

post-95722-0-27498400-1447262776.jpg

My scenery.cfg

[Area.121]
Title=My Traffic
Local=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
Layer=121
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

My FSX.CFG

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.6="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Do you have idea for my problem ?

Many Thanks

Philw

Looks like you have several scenery.cfg, and the one you mentioned is not the one FSX SE is using, there must be one with the entry Local=..\..\..\..\..\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic. 

Note there is an addon out there, that copies scenery.cfg from the all users profile to the current user profile. If there is one in the current user profile, FSX SE takes the one from the FSX current user, not the one from FSX SE current user, nor any from the all users - a nasty bug in FSX that in that unsupported case gets still worse with FSX SE. So please identify where you have additional scenery.cfg files.