The simFlight Network Forums

I am having a strange problems since updating to latest version of FSUIPC with the elevator trim on all my aircraft. As soon as I start my engines during pushback my elevator trim begins erratically moving up and down until I start to taxi and the plane reaches a few knots ground speed at which point the elevator trim corrects itself. Thou it is not a serious bug it was bothering me enough to uninstall FSX and reinstall my 60+ gigs of addons which unfortunately has not fixed anything. I have tried running FSX without my flight yoke. I've updated all addons and drivers. I've spent a few hours browsing support forums and still have not found a solution to my problem. Is there a way to disable auto trim when auto pilot is disconnected? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am having a strange problems since updating to latest version of FSUIPC with the elevator trim on all my aircraft. 

The "latest" being which? Version number please -- it is ALWAYS required.

And what was your previous version? Do you think it is just the update which changed things, because that is extremely unlikely. Updates never change your settings.

As soon as I start my engines during pushback my elevator trim begins erratically moving up and down until I start to taxi and the plane reaches a few knots ground speed at which point the elevator trim corrects itself.

This cannot be anything specific to FSUIPC. In fact I can think on no possibly cause at all, unless the sound output is somehow interfering with your trim input and when the sound smooths out it stops. Are you using an axis for trim, or buttons, or no hardware at all?

Is there a way to disable auto trim when auto pilot is disconnected?

What's "auto trim"?  Is this an add-on you are using?

Pete

My apologies for the slow response. This issue began for me immediately after updating to 4.939n. Unfortunately, I am not 100% sure which version I was running before updating. I've completed a few more flights and have noticed the elevator trim actually begins behaving erratically as soon as I set my parking break just after startup and pushback. After the pushback tug is disconnected and I begin to taxi the elevator trim seems to go back to normal. I am using an axis for rudder, ailerons, and throttle but not for trim. I did try setting the slider on my joystick to trim the elevator in hopes it would correct this issue but I had no success so I removed that setting. I am not using an auto trim add-on. I just assumed FSX must have some sort of auto trim setting that was causing the trim to correct itself once the aircraft picked up speed but I guess that is not the case. I would try to downgrade FSUIPC to see if that would correct the problem but I was unable to find any downloads to previous versions on the forums. I am probably spending to much time frustrated with something that is not that big of a deal but I often stream my flights on Twitch and my viewers are probably wondering why my plane gives an audible "No takeoff - Trim" warning every time I begin rolling down the runway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've completed a few more flights and have noticed the elevator trim actually begins behaving erratically as soon as I set my parking break just after startup and pushback.

There's no way anything in FSUIPC itself can possibly do anything like that. You will need to go through a process of elimination to see which add-on you are running which is doing it. It may be using FSUIPC to do it, or it may be direct.

But first I would most certainly look for an assigned trim axis which you may not realise is assigned. Try using FSUIPC's axis logging and see whether the problem is being caused by trim axis inputs. If you you need to look to see where that is happening. It could be assigned in FSUIPC or in FSX, maybe an axis you no longer have connected.

In case it is random trim up/down signals, you could also enable event logging to see if those are being sent. If so that could be a button or key assignment with unwanted inputs occurring.

If you don't understand the log output, paste the contents here (keep the test as short as possible). You could also paste your FSUIPC4.INI file here so I can check your assignments. But also check FSX assignments. If you are assigning in FSUIPC be sure to disable controllers completely in FSX.

Pete

• 3 months later...

Hi, i am new to this forum and flight sims in general. My dad is a 787 pilot but he's not always at home so i thought i would come here. Now i dont know if this is a problem or just a lack of knowledge on my behalf but when i am flying a plane in fsx (this is any plane btw) and i am increasing or decreasing in altitude and then i level off, the elevators start moving on their own so the plane climbs or descends at great angles (normally 35-40) and so causes it to stall. This also happens when i am just flying level and i have to keep the stick constantly moving otherwise the plane will start to climb or descend on its own, and no i haven't touched the elevator trim buttons so should i and if not what shoud i do. i am also using a T flight Hotas from Thrustmaster. 

Hi, i am new to this forum and flight sims in general. My dad is a 787 pilot but he's not always at home so i thought i would come here. Now i dont know if this is a problem or just a lack of knowledge on my behalf but when i am flying a plane in fsx (this is any plane btw) and i am increasing or decreasing in altitude and then i level off, the elevators start moving on their own so the plane climbs or descends at great angles (normally 35-40) and so causes it to stall. This also happens when i am just flying level and i have to keep the stick constantly moving otherwise the plane will start to climb or descend on its own, and no i haven't touched the elevator trim buttons so should i and if not what shoud i do. i am also using a T flight Hotas from Thrustmaster. 

Flying without autopilot engaged always means keeping your hand on the controls and making little adjustments all the time, even if you properly trim. With autopilot engaged the trim will be adjusted by the aircraft to climb, descend or stay level according to your settings.

In any case, please note that this forum concentrates on support for my software --mainly FSUIPC and WideFS. For general questions about flying techniques you do really need to check other more general forums.

Pete

• 4 months later...