The simFlight Network Forums

Frame rate Selection in FSUIPC

Hello Peter, this is my first post regarding FSUIPC and have been a user of this programme for a couple of years now. 

Just wondering whether or not there may be a chance of adding a function to alter the frame rates for FSX?  The reason for asking is that although this can be accomplished via the menu bar it is not always easy to set the amount exactly i.e. 30 or 35 without having to fiddle with the selection bar.  

I usuallt set my framerate to 35 but when approaching Heathrow I find that I do need to reset to unlimited due to lower fps, it could be said to reduce graphic settings but I have found that by using unlimited around London FSX runs OK but like to lower the setting when in other areas, if that makes sense.

Just find it a bind having to access the menu bar to the alter frame rates  just like it was before having FSUIPC when I used to have to calibrate the joystick through the settings page but can now do it through your programme without even having to leave the cockpit.

Many thanks for such a brilliant programme.

BTW, do not have internet at home and rely solely on my local public library so it may be a couple of days before I can reply to any of your posts.

Regards

Nigel.

Just wondering whether or not there may be a chance of adding a function to alter the frame rates for FSX?  The reason for asking is that although this can be accomplished via the menu bar it is not always easy to set the amount exactly i.e. 30 or 35 without having to fiddle with the selection bar. 

Do you know how that can be done, because I don't.

I usuallt set my framerate to 35 but when approaching Heathrow I find that I do need to reset to unlimited due to lower fps, it could be said to reduce graphic settings but I have found that by using unlimited around London FSX runs OK but like to lower the setting when in other areas, if that makes sense.

There's a program that does all this for you --  fsps-fsx-fiber-accelerator  It works very well.

I don't think I should offer facilities in FSUIPC which usurp the functions of available programs.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete, many thanks for your reply.

Do you know how that can be done, because I don't

Sorry, just thought I would ask in the hope that it could be done, forgot also to mention that with the Captain Sim 737-200 I have found that when accessing the menu bar to change settings during a flight the overhead switches reset back to off for some strange reason and was hoping that there may be an alternative way of altering frame rates through FSUIPC as one can do with ai traffic levels through your programme. 

Many thanks also for the link to fsps-fsx-fiber-accelerator, will certainly have a look at that.

Regards

Nigel.

just thought I would ask in the hope that it could be done

Well, evidently it can be done, as FSPS's fiber accelerator does it, but I don't know how to do it at present, and don't really want to find out for my own use in FSUIPC because FSPS deserves fair reward for their efforts.

Pete

Well, evidently it can be done, as FSPS's fiber accelerator does it, but I don't know how to do it at present, and don't really want to find out for my own use in FSUIPC because FSPS deserves fair reward for their efforts.

Did not realise there was an FPS accelerator until you gave me the HU and agree with your comments above regarding FSPS. 

Many thanks for your help Pete, greatly appreciated.

Regards

Nigel.

Edited by Nigelhj