The simFlight Network Forums

FMS Airport import Issue (ERJ135/145)

Ruben Taillieu

Hello

I recently got the ERJ 135/145. When loading FMS it doesn't load my active flightplan and neither do i have my middle line when initialising position. When selecteing the GPS coordinats into FPL it doenst give an origin, meaning flying bij nav is impossible. Any solutions for this issue?

Thanks!

Hey Ruben,

Let me know if you find a fix for your problem.  I've been having the exact same problem as you for the last 2 weeks.  I've tried loading just as the manual says, tried uninstalling and reinstalling in FS2004 and I am now running this in FSX and I still have the same problem.  I'm sorry I couldn't help more but I know how frustrating it is. Below I posted a screen shot but here I was finally able to put in the LAT LON for KSEA but still no departure airport on the next page.

Steve

have you followed the manual's introduction flight and created the flightplan as outlined there?

As far as i've checked and double checked it, yes. As soon as battery is on and checklist is running for FMS, and i push the first step, the middle line where the airport ICAO should be stays empty. When selecting the first or third line, the icao doesn't load either...

Hey Ruben,

Let me know if you find a fix for your problem.  I've been having the exact same problem as you for the last 2 weeks.  I've tried loading just as the manual says, tried uninstalling and reinstalling in FS2004 and I am now running this in FSX and I still have the same problem.  I'm sorry I couldn't help more but I know how frustrating it is. Below I posted a screen shot but here I was finally able to put in the LAT LON for KSEA but still no departure airport on the next page.

SteveSo i'm not the only one with this issue. It's quit ennoying when you have a multi-waypoint flightpan in mind where you can't use the NAV. Constantly switching headings is not that handy :/

No Ruben you're not the only one. I see where others have posted the same issue on other forums. What I'm starting to think is there may be no fix to this. With no FMS the plane is pretty much grounded. The only thing I can think of is something in our computers registry or settings has to be creating this problem. I've wasted a lot of good time trying to figure it out & have about given up. If I find anything that works I'll let you know

Steve

I began in seatle then moved the plane to Houston then Washington DC. The FMS doesn't recognize any of the 3 airports. FWIW, I began the sim with FS9 then tried FSX & now FSX steam, all with the same results. One other point, when I open the FMS > MENU > MISC MENU > flight config, there's a line that say "org/dest display off" I don't know if that means anything or not, but I can't change it. On the MFD when I select 'plan' then check the airport and navaid boxes, there are no airports or navaids showing on the display within 500 miles of my present position. I'm not sure the plane knows where its at.

Steve

Reads like you may have simconnect issue or the MDAC error (MDAC is for WinXP).

Try a.reinstall of simmconnect.

If no help issuemay be MDAC. This is an issue with a faulty instal of the OS. Win7 and Win8 don't have MDAC, but a similar core function for reading databases. Do internet search for details.

For both above also review -

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/78023-erj-145-135-problem-with-fmc/?fromsearch=1