The simFlight Network Forums

Tower! 2011 KSEA has no planes!

Terry Latting

I just downloaded KSEA. When I start the game, no matter what time of the day, there is no traffic. There isn't even one plane at any gates and nothing arriving. Speeding up the time to X8, still nothing. I have the arrival and departure rates set to max as well.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank You!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine its the default. I never DL'd an addon for schedules.

I just checked other airports and none of them have traffic. So I reinstalled Tower and ALL addons and its the same way.

So far, there is no traffic for Seattle and Newark Liberty airports.

Edited by Terry Latting

parker,

yes, all those.txt files contain data. Yes, I am running administrator.

Ok, so I notice that the airfield for KSEA (when looking at it from the main menu) is oriented with the runways running left to right. When you load the game, the runways are going from top to bottom. Now, the runways are 34L,C,R. So the orientation on the game screen is correct, but not on the main menu screen. Does this make a difference?

I did not alter anything when I bought the airfield.

again, PLEASE upload tower log as outlined in reporting problem FAQ.

Uploading now.

EDIT:

Ok, maybe I won't upload it... I deleted the Tower.log file as instructed. I started the game. No planes were there just like I said so I exited the game. The tower.log file was not recreated in the Tower 2011 folder????

I have Tower 2011 single player

I have it set on LA airport at maximum landings and maximum departures and using all runways, yet it gives me only around 3 or 4 activities per hour. The time is 1700 UST, which is around 1000am local time when the airport would be accepting over 50 departures and/or arrivals per hour.

Its the same for Miami too and the other Cyril King smaller airport.

It does not seem to matter where the density sliders are set or what the time setting is, the problem is there. I was looking at buying the add on for EGKK Gatwick but not until I can work this one out.

What am I not doing that I should be doing?

This was a boxed version and not a download.

Sorry but not an IT techie and will need a simple idiots guide if I am to change files round.

I have Tower 2011 single player

I have it set on LA airport at maximum landings and maximum departures and using all runways, yet it gives me only around 3 or 4 activities per hour. The time is 1700 UST, which is around 1000am local time when the airport would be accepting over 50 departures and/or arrivals per hour.

Its the same for Miami too and the other Cyril King smaller airport.

please upload the tower log.  see this sub-forum's FAQ on reporting problems for how to do this.

Tower log enclosed and as you will see there are aircraft there but the system is not recognising them.

You may wish to know that I un-installed this and put it back on and both times it created two directories in Programme Files, one called Tower and the other called Tower Copy. They have identical files???? I have also installed on my laptop and it installs both directories and the lack of planes problem exists there too

tower log.zip

Terry

Thanks. I suspect that the weekend has held up resolution of my problem so I am happy to give it a few more days. Looking at the thread though are they waiting for you to upload your log. The game seems to create the log when you start it so the fact you deleted it should not present a problem; just run the game again. Perhaps if both of us are reporting the same problem and attach logs it will help the developers.

I up loaded my log on Friday.

AST

First of all I need to mention that I do not have Tower but I encountered similar problems with TRACON!2012

I did look into your log and found a lot of entries saying somthing like 

Unknow airport: xxx (IATA)   ICAO not found!

I had these messages as well in the TRACON logs after I modified a traffic schedule.txt file (with IATA coded airports) and did not check for the existance of a corresponding entry in the airport.txt file.

For each IATA airport in the schedule files there must be a corresponding entry in the airport list (which in TRACON links the IATA airport to its ICAO Location Indicator and lat/long position). I believe in TOWER there is propably a similar mechanism, but the files may be named differently. In TRACON they are named schedule.txt and airports.txt.

So may be you can check if you have some similar files in your TOWER installation folder or in a subfolder. Then try to add the missing/unkown airports

an example (from TRACON)

1. Suppose your log says

Unknow airport: AUH (IATA)   ICAO not found!

2. schedule.txt contains a departure from AUH (IATA code for departure is the first entry in each line)

AUH, STR, 332, AB, 7223, 06:55, 06:55, 345, AB
AYT, STR, 320, 8Q, 737, 09:00, 06:35, 250, 8Q

3. airports.txt with IATA airport - name - lat/long and ICAO Location Indicator at the end - AUH is missing

ATL Atlanta(Intl)  GA  USA                   33.39 N   84.26 W KATL
  AYT Antalya  Turkey                          36.55 N   30.48 E LTAI
  BCN Barcelona  Spain                         41.18 N    2.05 E LEBL

4. add AUH in your airport list

ATL Atlanta(Intl)  GA  USA                   33.39 N   84.26 W KATL 
 AYT Antalya  Turkey                          36.55 N   30.48 E LTAI
 BCN Barcelona  Spain                         41.18 N    2.05 E LEBL
 AUH Abu Dhabi(Intl)  U.A. Emirates           24.28 N   54.22 E OMAA

5. check your log if messages disappear

May be it helps. At least it may be worth trying ...

Regards

fracasado

UPDATE:

I realize you guys are busy with other members for support. But this issue needs to be resolved.

I installed Real Traffic, and I was able to play the game on all airfields (Except DFW because this add-on is so big it takes 30 minutes to load). Now, after playing for about a week, I have zero planes on any add-on airfields.

I have reinstalled several times with no luck. The Tower log file is not being logged by the game but I will attach it to this message anyway.

The only airfields I am able to play on are the three that come with the game. All add-ons now have ZERO planes. Please figure this out because I am fed up.

Thank You

tower.zip

Hello Terry,

despite I do not have Tower I would like to help you as far as I can.

As I understand your problem so far (please correct me If I'm wrong): You do have traffic with the default sectors using Real Traffic but when using KSEA (or Tower add-on sectors) Tower starts as usual but there are no aircraft.

So concluding from that and due to the fact that you re-installed and used the game with default sectors  I believe the problem is related to the data files belonging to the add-ons. So there are good chances to find out what the problems are and to correct them.

What  looks strange to me first is that the tower.log you uploaded does not contain much data (e.g. as compared to the one AST did upload).

Would you please

1) Start Tower with a working sector, play a few minutes (you may use fast time if you like), exit the game and then check the log files in the Tower folder or below. In case there is more than one log file, save them both to folder outside your Tower installation folder and rename them for easier handling later on.

With the working sectors I would expect something more to be logged and it would be helpful if you could post a zipped version of them here. Please include the game.log if possible/available.

2) It seems necessary to me if you would list the database files and timetable data you have (in Tracon such data are stored as txt-files in a folder called 'databases' - may be in Tower they are located elsewhere and named differently) : Check for files like airlines.txt, schedule.txt, airports.txt, airplanes.txt and all others so that I can get an overview what files there are to be checked.

3) If possible post a zipped version of the database files, so that the forum is able to look at them

Regards

fracasado

Edited by fracasado