The simFlight Network Forums

VAS monitoring fsx

Pete, I've followed the instructions for setting up the VAS monitoring, but the reading on my title bar = 0 and does not change. IPC: 024c (S32) = 0

What am I doing wrong? Also, do I need to do anything else to set up the alert feature?

Thanks,

John

Austin , Texas

Pete, I've followed the instructions for setting up the VAS monitoring, but the reading on my title bar = 0 and does not change. IPC: 024c (S32) = 0

What am I doing wrong? Also, do I need to do anything else to set up the alert feature?

Sorry, what instructions, where? I don't think I've ever published anything like that. Is it a user contribution?

Offset 024C will be updated at 10 second intervals, unless that's been changed in the FSUIPC4.INI file.  The Out of Memory checking can also be turned off in that file (OOMcheck=No), but it is enabled by default. 

Pete

"The memory checker is active regardless of registration, and the Logging facilities are always available.

In the Logging tab, right-hand side, enter 024C in one of the offset boxes and set the Type to U32. Don't check 'Hex' as you want it in decimal. Then check "FS window" below. Press OK and you are done. The free FS memory, in kb, will be shown and updated every 10 seconds.

To stop it, just go back and uncheck 'FS display'."

Regards
Pete

I saw this in an AVSIM Forum posted back in Jan 2013.  I've also seen this in other user contributions.  I'm just not having any luck with it.  I'll check the file...

JOHN

"The memory checker is active regardless of registration, and the Logging facilities are always available.

In the Logging tab, right-hand side, enter 024C in one of the offset boxes and set the Type to U32. Don't check 'Hex' as you want it in decimal. Then check "FS window" below. Press OK and you are done. The free FS memory, in kb, will be shown and updated every 10 seconds.

To stop it, just go back and uncheck 'FS display'."

Ah, but you checked "title bar" instead of "FS display"? And "S32" instead of "U32"?

Please, also check "Normal log", then show me the log file, and your INI file.

Pete

Pete, I may be a little over my head here.   I took a screen shot of the console log but the file was bigger than the 20 kb limit this forum allows. If I reduced it you wouldn't be able to read it.

Is there another option to get this to you?

Thanks for your patience.

JOHN

Pete, I may be a little over my head here.   I took a screen shot of the console log but the file was bigger than the 20 kb limit this forum allows. If I reduced it you wouldn't be able to read it.

Is there another option to get this to you?

The console log? That's just an optional on-screen live copy of the log FILE. All FSUIPC files are in the FS Modules folder. The log is named FSUIPC4.LOG. and your settings are in FSUIPC4.INI. Both files are text files and you can easily paste their contents into a message here!

Pete

These are the only files I could find under the FS Modules folder.   I could not find any reference to .LOG or .INI    

JOHN

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=4600

History=X8IL60A99I6U0FT7K3WH0

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

DontResetAxes=No

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

CustomWeatherModify=No

SimConnectStallTime=1

Console=Yes

LogReads=Yes

ConsoleWindow=148,23,1520,2142

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller

0.GUID={84598E10-BB56-11E3-8001-444553540000}****** FSUIPC4, Version 4.60a by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"staller for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.939t

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...

SetupPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

Looking in registry for FSX-SE install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Parameter"SetupPath"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of the FSX EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.600 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Failed to place FSUIPC4.DLL into folder as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Error 32 reported ("The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ")

===========================================================

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=12500000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=0

702 System time = 23/06/2015 20:34:56

702 FLT UNC path = "\\JOHN-PC\Users\John\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

702 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1014 LogOptions=00000000 00000009

1014 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

7613 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

7613 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

7613 FSUIPC Menu entry added

7644 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

7644 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

7660 Monitor IPC:024C (U32) = 0

57658 System time = 23/06/2015 20:35:53, Simulator time = 20:35:03 (03:35Z)

58797 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

246201 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 188 secs = 29.8 fps

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

[Monitor]

Monitor0=0,024C,5,0

Display=3

These are the only files I could find under the FS Modules folder.   I could not find any reference to .LOG or .INI    

Oh dear. Those ARE parts of the INI, the Install LOG and the run time LOG, respectively. You are using Windows Explorer with the option to hide filename extensions from you. If you really wat to be able to find files you need to switch that off, as instructed in the FSUIPC User Guide.

Why extract only parts of the files? That makes them almost useless ... almost ....

The one piece of information I can glean from all that is that you are using version 4.60 of FSUIPC, which is now well over 5 years old and hasn't been supported for 5 years! The facility you want was not introduced till version4.82 (August 2012)!

Pete

Actually, I see that you DID try to install 4.939t: -- this line was embedded in the odd assorted sections of files you pasted into your message.

FSUIPC4.ini"staller for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.939t

However, apparently you tried to run the installer whilst FSX was actually running! There's no way you should EVER tryto install things into FS whilst it is running.

The 4.939t install failed because of tat, as stated here:

Failed to place FSUIPC4.DLL into folder as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"
   Error 32 reported ("The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ")

That would have resulted in an error message on screen, which I assume you ignored?

Pete

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Alberto Zanot said:

how can i set a faster read update for the offset?

cant find it in the documentation.

Where did you look? Just search on "memory" or "OOM" in the FSUIPC4 Advanced User's guide. It's the second parameter described under Other general user options. Called "OOMcheckInterval" I think.

Pete

6 minutes ago, Alberto Zanot said:

i swear it is not in the documentation :)

You are not looking then. The current Advanced User's guide, headed "(for FSUIPC4 Version 4.95, May 2016)"  and which would have been installed automatically for you in your FSUIPC Documents folder. has it on page 7. Here's the extract:

Other general user options

OOMcheck: FSUIPC4 operates a check on the amount of process memory remaining free. It warns of a potential "Out
Of Memory" crash (OOM), hopefully, giving time to avoid it, or at least saving a flight in case. The warning is two
Windows error/warning beeps, plus explanatory messages in the FSUIPC4 log file. This warning occurs when the total
remaining free process memory in FSX is less than 250 Mbytes (I found this to be just about sufficient to do something).
You can turn off this warning by changing OOMcheck=Yes to No in the FSUIPC4.INI file, and you can suppress the
beeps whilst retaining the checks ad logging by setting OOMcheck=Quiet.

OOMcheckInterval=10: This controls the frequency of the OOM check described above. The default is every 10
seconds and that is also the minimum. This can be increased if needed up to a maximum of 1 hour (parameter value
3600)

These details are also in the FSUIPC4 History document, on about page 4, under "Version 4.941 (July 2015)", which is when they were added.

As you see, it can't be made to operate more frequently, only less. The reason is that it is actually quite a lot of activity Windows is asked to do, totting up all the free (unallocated) space, which may be fragmented at that time. De-fragmenting it takes time too. I did not want to risk compromising performance.

If you have a good reason for recomputing free space more often, I will consider a lower minimum.

Pete