The simFlight Network Forums

Please Help Military Grade Huey Flight Sim

Hi Guys
Ok I have a feeling that what I am going to ask has already been posted, so in reality I may well just be asking for directions if so please dont bite my head off and tell me to read as you would not believe the learning curve I have been on in the last 5 days on mouse macros, xml and lots more.

Let me set the level for you, have a look at my FB page www.facebook.com/FlightReplicator you will see an interesting system.
here are some of the specs it is running at the moment as a very basic unit.
4 x 48 inch LED TVs
4 x 36 inch LED TVs
3 x computer monitors

Server is Dual CPU Xeon 2 gig (turbo to 2.5)  6 cores per CPU, 64 gig ram, 250 gig SSD
2 x PCs i3 3.? gig 4 core, 8 gig ram, 128 gig SSD
1 x PC 2.8 gig cpu single core, 8 gig ram, 1 TB HD

Running Prepar3D with Wideview. In the end it will be running about 15 screens, I want to upgrade the 48 inch to 65 inch and the 36 inch to 48 inch, take a look at the Geodesic Dome they all sit in and you will start to understand, 48 inch are really tight on the Huey better for 206 jetranger size.

As you might guess this is not a normal home based sim, in reality it is designed to supply to military, this is my first ever real sim build I have no experience in building sims before, yes that is correct I am a total newby to simulators but I built this unit and yes it does work.

Here is the problem that I am now facing, in looking at aircraft namely the Bell 205 I am faced with a problem on these models, the switches seem to be done in XML so I cant get a mouse macro, and they have not used standard FSX/P3D settings.
How can I program an action as a result of a usb button press?

As for the panels, well I get to use real helicopter panels, so center consoles are original Huey, I removed the dash and replaced that with 2 computer monitors, I am looking to use the original dash over the top of the monitors, with some micro switches ect added I think I can get it to sit nice and flush. that is later.

As of now I am having problems with the switches on the helicopter (that fully work on USB controller tests in windows, FSX and P3D).
PLEASE can someone point me in the direction.
Many thanks in advance for time and effort

Here is the problem that I am now facing, in looking at aircraft namely the Bell 205 I am faced with a problem on these models, the switches seem to be done in XML so I cant get a mouse macro, and they have not used standard FSX/P3D settings.

How can I program an action as a result of a usb button press?

XML gauges often use local variables ("L:Vars") for their switches and read-outs. As a quick check you can assign a button or kreypress to the FSUIPC added FS control " List local panel variables" (or similar name), and use it when the relevant panels are showing. It will list the L:Vars available and their current values.

There is also a Lua plug-in provided (see the exmple plug-ins ZIP in your FSUIPC Documents folder) which will do more -- it will log /list the values in real-time as they change.

You can control numerical L:Vars by assignment to macros. Details are in the Advanced User's manual. And you can read values from L:Vars by using a Lua plug-in.

Pete

Pete......Thank you thank you thank you!!!
That has just saved me many hours if not days of learning, just defining those areas is more than enough for me to work with.
Did you take a look at the photos? I so what do you think? Computers will be dropped into an oil tank in the near future after the R&D stage is finished, the oil will be cooled to reduce stress on all electrical parts, this will give great cooling and dust free for the electronics.

Many thanks once again you just saved a newbie a lots of frustration!!

Pete 
I am here  to beg for more guidance....
I did all the logs I possible could looking for data 
What I got was as I clicked a switch on a panel, in this case it was the fuel switch on a ND UH-1H Huey all I could find was a listing of a click sent to the window.dll file, I tested other switches and the same effect, what I found was that they were all showing the same data, I assume that was the data for the click itself not the positioning of the mouse at the time of click.

Please can you give me some guidence on this matter as it is driving me insane! 
I think I have found a work around that I will test today and that is to install a bell jetranger on a client computer and try and rig that with the switching controls I want, i hope that it will then send the data to the serve in perpar3d standard coding for control of switching.

really looking forward to advice

more later

I did all the logs I possible could looking for data 

Why? Why did you not just use the tools to investigate L:Vars, like I advised?

What I got was as I clicked a switch on a panel, in this case it was the fuel switch on a ND UH-1H Huey all I could find was a listing of a click sent to the window.dll file,

That's the Mouse Macro logging. Why did you bother with that again after you already determined it didn't work with that aircraft?

Do what I said in my earlier message.

Pete

Update
Yes now working. Great program!!!!!
99% of the problem is that I have never worked on this system or anything like Lua. Like I stated in a post before this is the first flight sim I have ever built, short of a expanded game. 
I am a self employed Aerospace Mechanical Engineer that also does Electrical (ground support), rarely does that include anything more than emails and diagrams normally in PDF.
One day I looked at decommissioned helicopters and wondered what can be done with them, so I tested PC based flight sim games and decided that it was possible to use them for pilot training, after visiting Eurocopter in Singapore and having an engineering tour of their sims complements of the Chief Test Pilot for South East Asia I decided to build a better simulator. Hence I have this sim plugged into a real huey.

Many thanks